- 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

Third person.

Sunghoon and Haerin went inside the cozy coffee shop, finding a table before another customer takes it. The smell of coffee made Haerin a bit relaxed, but her heart was still pounding fast and just couldn't look at the certain guy sitting in front of her. Sunghoon felt likewise and doesn't know how to lessen the tension between them.

"So um... what do you wanna order?" Sunghoon asked, breaking the silence. Haerin looked at the small menu behind her that was placed on the top of the counter. She tried to choose other drinks, but she couldn't make up her mind and wouldn't want to embarrass herself more by being picky, so she said her typical order.

"Caffè Mocha, I'll take that." Haerin met his eyes, who was already looking at her while waiting for her response.

"Alright, I'll order." Sunghoon nodded and stood up to go to the counter, but Haerin stopped him for a minute.

"Wait, I'll pay for my drink." Haerin said and opened her bag to get her wallet but the boy refused.

"No, it's okay. It's my treat." Sunghoon insisted, but Haerin shooked her head.

"You don't have-" Before she could say no again, Sunghoon already made his way to the counter.

"He didn't even let me finish." She muttered. She gets her phone from her bag to tell Yejin that she might go home late again.

Haerin was admiring the outside until she felt the presence of Sunghoon back to their table, now with their orders. She saw her Caffè Mocha placed in front of her while he ordered himself a Cappuccino, and two strawberry sliced cakes for both.

"Thank you." Haerin smiled at him, for the first time.

"No problem, I guess this is the way I can repay you." Sunghoon said, returning the smile as well.

The two ate their food quietly. There was still an awkward silence but nevertheless,
they felt okay with each other than a while ago.

"You know, I still don't know your name..."
Sunghoon uttered.

"My name is Haerin, Lim Haerin." She cleared her throat and said.

"Nice to meet you Haerin." Sunghoon replied with a warm smile.

"You too, Sunghoon." Haerin chuckled.

"Today's your first day of school isn't it?" Haerin stated the obvious, perhaps because she doesn't exactly know how to start a topic in a conversation yet she wanted to keep it going. Sunghoon hummed, slicing a piece of his cake.

"Why did you transfer?" Haerin asked again.

"My parents made me move again, I had no other choice." Sunghoon shrugged, causing her to nod at his answer.

"How about you? How many years have you been studying there?" Sunghoon asked her this time.

"For about 3 years now." She answered.

"Can you help me around the school then?" He grinned at her.

"You have your friends to help you." Haerin scoffed.

Time passed by and they started talking about other stuff. The conversation went smoothly and Haerin felt comfortable with him now, realizing he's a nice person after all.

They finished eating more than a half-hour ago, though they were too caught up with chatting to each other that they weren't aware of the time. Finally deciding it was time to go home, they both stood up and walked together to the exit.

"Should I take you home or-"

"No need! I can go by myself." Haerin interrupted him.

"Okay, I'll wait for your bus then." Sunghoon answered. They waited for a good few minutes until it finally came.

"It's here. How about you?" Haerin asked him.

"I'll wait for the other bus here, it won't take long. You can go now." Sunghoon answered and Haerin nodded.

"Alright. thank you again, Sunghoon." She said.

"Thank you Haerin." He responded, emphasizing the word applying to her.

"See you again tomorrow!" Haerin waved at him as she took one step on the bus.

"See you!" Sunghoon waved back and watched her get inside.

Sunghoon sighed in satisfaction and felt glad. Glad that he was able to make the girl from yesterday his friend now.

━━━━━━━━━━

Math. I hate math.