- 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Third person.

It was Haerin's first time in Sunghoon's house. Sunghoon asked her to come over after lunch so they could study together. So here they are in the living room with their things everywhere on the floor and table. They also have some chips and sodas beside them that they were eating just a while ago.

They were sitting on the floor, backs leaning on the sofa behind them. Sunghoon was checking Haerin's answers to the question she tried working on. He was wearing his glasses that she's never seen him wear, and he looks too good on them, so she was caught staring. Sunghoon gave a side-eyed smirk, aware of how long she was staring at him.

"You've done it correctly, well done." Sunghoon patted her head and offered her the almost emptied chips after giving back the paper.

"Thanks." Haerin grinned and proceeded with reviewing.

About thirty minutes past four, they decided they had studied enough for today. The pair tidied up the living room. Haerin followed Sunghoon around, giving herself a house tour, but she did help put out the leftover food.

"Oh! Yejin just texted me to go home now." Haerin said while looking at the message on her phone.

"Yejin? Your... roommate?" Sunghoon tried to recall the name as he was sure Haerin had mentioned her to him before.

"Mhm, yeah." Haerin nodded and Sunghoon returned it. Haerin puts on her furry coat and grabs her bag on the couch, making sure none of her things are going to be left behind. Sunghoon stood there already with his coat on, waiting for her to take her home.

"Good to go?" Sunghoon asked, holding her warm hand.

The sound of footsteps and shuffling of keys coming from outside the door alarmed both of them. Before it could sink in into their minds, the door widely opened and comes in a middle-aged woman and man. Sunghoon and Haerin froze on their spot and the two persons who had just come in halted too. They shared an awkward and intense tension around the room.

Haerin saw the woman's eyes glaring at their locked hands. Too intimidated, she pulled her hand away from Sunghoon's grasp, much to Sunghoon's dismay.

"So... Sunghoon?" The man spoke, seeking an explanation.

"Mom. Dad." Oh.

"You didn't say you're bringing someone to our house." His mother's voice sounded calm, yet still cold.

"I invited her to study with me." Sunghoon replied.

"Studying? With a girl? You never invited anyone in our house other than those two boys." She lifted her eyebrow. Sunghoon let out a sigh.

"I have other friends too if you don't know. I swear we were just studying. We already cleaned the living room too. Now, she needs to go home." Sunghoon's tone was the same as his mother's.

"Your name?" Her head turned to Haerin.

"Ah, my name is Lim Haerin." Haerin bowed.

"A friend?" She asked again with a hint of suspicion. Haerin hesitated to lie but before she speaks again, Sunghoon beats her to it.

"Soon to be my girlfriend." Sunghoon bluntly stated, pulling Haerin close to him.