- 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

Third person.

Sunghoon got busier the following days, torn in studying and also practicing for figure skating. His training started a week ago. He got a decent instructor assigned by the school. He's also been studying more nonstop now that the exams are getting closer.

And if the exams are almost here, then that means the competition is too.

He shouldn't waste his time, so he spends his every day on these two things, forgetting to get some rest. Dark bags are visible under his eyes, you could tell who stays awake even after midnight.

However, despite being busy, Haerin was here to brighten his day. In a way of not distracting him, she is always with him and wouldn't complete a day without checking up on him through calls and messages when they couldn't see each other. Haerin cheers him up, and by that, Sunghoon knows that at the end of the day, he got someone to lean on.

"Yejin~ help me with this one, please!" Haerin was whining, stomping her foot on the floor as she called for Yejin who only wanted to watch a movie.

Yejin stood up unwillingly to the kitchen where Haerin was. There stood Haerin with an apron on concentrating on the cooking video she's learning. Yejin watched as Haerin adjusted the oven to start heating it.

"Red velvet cake? Since when did you like baking?" Yejin asked as she looked at the box of the cake powder.

"It doesn't matter! Do you think I'm doing the right thing?" Haerin asked as she snatched the box from the older girl, examining the instructions with eyebrows furrowing.

"Probably?" Yejin mumbled unsurely, helping Haerin to hear no more complaints.

"This better taste good. I didn't spend my precious hours trying to bake instead of locking myself in my room for nothing." Haerin grumbled, particularly saying it to herself as she nicely placed the cake inside the oven.

"What's the cake for?" Yejin asked while clearing the counter.

"I don't know, the next thing I knew I was here in the kitchen putting my apron on." Haerin responded blankly.

"Haha, right." A raspy fake laugh came out of Yejin's mouth.

"I'm saving some to give Sunghoon later, or preferably, tomorrow." Haerin stated, a smile plastering on her lips just by thinking of him.

"That's sweet. Thanks for the information." Yejin replied in a monotonous tone. Receiving a punch on the shoulder, she laughed and apologized.

They waited half an hour for the cake. Haerin took a little bit of her time to begin again with studying, but she mostly chatted with the older. Decorating the cake wasn't that bad. They were able to frost it neatly with the white icing thanks to the help of Yejin.

"Done! Oh my gosh, I made an amazing cake!" Haerin screamed proudly of herself, clapping her hands.

"Mhm, nice job Rin." Yejin approved, tasting the icing left on the icing bag and hummed in delight.

Placing down the baked red velvet cake in the middle of the table, the two girls couldn't wait to take a slice of it. The worries and images of the awaiting papers and books inside her room were shortly forgotten, in the meantime, Haerin was excited to eat the first proper cake she baked.