You'll bloom Spectacularly

Previously On Can We Start Over

"Yeah I know plus there's another rumor"

"And pray tell Mike who am I having a sordid affair with"

"They say a Rose has thorns"

———————————————————————

Once the three girls arrived in Port Angeles, jess immediately took charge and led the girls through various stores. Bella rolled her eyes at all the dress stores but swallowed her sighs and allowed herself to be lead by the preppy girl.

" come on Bella it'd be fuuuuunn!!" She whined pulling off and even more adorable pout than Mike, she could just see how the two of them would blackmail each other in future with those pouts.

" No Jess I'll gladly watch you try on all the dresses to your hearts content but I won't be caught dead in one okay?" She said somewhat suggestively.

Jessica huffed, a light pink dusting her cheeks as she caught onto Bella's tone " keep it in your pants missy , your best friend is my boyfriend" she said jokingly..

Bella lifted her arms up in the universal ' I surrender' gesture " Of course of course I adhere to the bro code and all that" she said with a smile and bopped jess's nose

"No need to worry Jess you're beautiful but I'm partial to a woman who could kill someone with a glare" she said honestly. Jess was about to reply but Angie came out wearing a tight purple dress that showed more skin than the reserved girl was accustomed too.

" wow Angela you look amazing" she said genuinely, the bespectacled girl blushed and gave a nervous twirl.

"You really think so?" She asked shyly

"Of course Ben Cheney is a very lucky man and he better treat you right" said Bella with a stern tone punctuated with a playful smash of her fists, she knew Ben was a good guy but Angie was a friend she cared about and would make damn sure she didn't get hurt.

" Ooh Bella if I didn't have mike I would've swooned" said Jess with a small smile.

A smug smirk curled up on her lips " heh I'll make you more than swoon"

" hold it right there Casanova.. don't flirt I'm straight" she said trying to hold back her laugh.

Bella shrugged and sat down into the chair " well you know what they say so is spaghetti until it gets wet" she added a wink for good measure and watched both girls faces flame while she laughed softly.

She looked at her watch it was nearly 5pm she still needed to get herself some more coats, and jeans forks wasn't at all accommodating and basically just had some thrift stores but didn't particularly cater to her style.

" guys I'm going to get me some stuff we'll meet at the restaurant okay?" She said to the closed curtains.

"Sure Bella be safe okay" she nodded wordlessly and exited the store. The wind picked up and she could feel the chill in the air.

She entered the stores quickly, grabbing everything she needed, some accessories and made a turn at the local bookstore.

An entirely subconscious thought on her part, she had already dropped all her other bags in her car and now she needed some new reading material. She loved reading on her kindle but sometimes she just felt the need to curl up on the sofa with a steaming cup of cocoa and a good book on a chilly day. It brought her comfort, an ease that even when everything was chaotic outside she still had a moment of peace in the little things.. she learned it from her father to appreciate those small moments because you have no idea when they could happen again.