Sparks

Previously on Can we start over?

"Wow looks like you've got a new admirer Rosie"

" My dad is the sheriff and I'm his daughter I've got some pull"

" her blood is different that any human I've smelled before... it's like a drug"

" A guy who fights toe to toe with a grizzly bear makes a much better friend of course !"
——————————————————————————
The rest of the week passed exactly as Bella suspected, Edward was gone, out for whatever reason his parents conjured up, but she knew he was probably trying to control himself around her scent,  every night she ensured her window was locked securely.

Throughout the week she went through her magic books to find a protection spell she could use to envelope the house. She didn't want to put her well being up to chance nor give Edward the opportunity to get through her window, however that in itself presented a new set of problems, The Cullens would know she's was not in fact human, thus finding her dangerous or attempt to investigate her gathering more attention than she needed this soon. So the protection spell idea went out of the window, she wondered whether she could persuade her dad to cut off the tree in the backyard to make it more difficult for him to enter her bedroom but that would  not stop him ultimately.

She sighed for the fourth time in a minute. She was sitting at their lunch table, with her group of friends who seemed to having their own conversations and completely ignoring her dilemma.

"Okay Bella that's the fourth time you sighed" said Mike looking to his new friend, who looked tired. " what gives? Are you still wondering what you did to run Cullen out of town?" He smirked.

Bella huffed and put her head on the table, giving the boy a mock glare " oh please" she scoffed "Edward Cullen is the very last thing in my mind if at all" which was a lie , he was the source of her current dilemma but Mike didn't need to know that "but I mean this isn't the first time you brought him up.." she grinned with a mischievous glint in her eye turning it around on him.

"are you trying to tell us something?" She asked suggestively, most of the chatter at the table now stopped and focused on their conversation.

Mike flushed red and spluttered for a response, before he could form a coherent sentence her phone vibrated in her pocket

'Mathew Johnson calling' she saw light up on her screen, she wondered why the man would call her during school hours.

"Mike hold that thought" she said standing up, and leaving the cafeteria with her phone to her ear.

"Matt" she answered, inhaling the fresh air that smelled of fresh rain.

"Bella" he replied, his voice sounded tense and strained she wondered what could be wrong. She stepped closer to the outside picnic tables that were wet deciding to stand rather that wet her ass.

"Yes what happened? You sound tense?"she questioned, she caught the curious gaze of the Cullens,before turning away.

"There's been some fraudulent activity identified" he paused rubbing his forehead tiredly "I've emailed you the ledgers from the one company, it'll help if you go through them as quick as you can."

She sighed " I see, the same man you were suspicious about before right?" She asked knowingly, he had told her that books didn't add up and that there was someone stealing from one of the companies she was a major investor in.

"Yeah... it's Alex, I've hired some private investigators they were discreet and noticed the influx of money his been receiving into off shore accounts. This has been happening for one or two years" he said angrily.