Elemental control

Bella sighed and looked at her father who seemed to be glaring at her waiting for an answer, she knew he would put up a fight when he found out but she didn't expect the stare off they were currently having.

"Dad" her tone showing her exasperation, her father didn't budge as he stared her down. She would've thought that he would be surprised about the new Sleek Matt black Ford Mustang GT that now parked in the drive way instead he focused on the fact that she wanted to go to school today. The car was delivered last night from Seattle after a quick talk to Matthew and explanation of the events. After much reassurance that she was fine he finally relented and told her the car would  take a couple of hours to reach her home.

"Bella" her father mocked her tone.

"Why can't I go to school today dad?" She asked for the umpteenth time.

"Because Bella your entire body is hot, your temperatures higher than it was yesterday and overall I wouldn't be a good father if I sent me nearly concusses daughter back to school in this condition." He said slowly as if he was explaining to a toddler.

"I'm not a kid dad" she whined, not really backing up her point instead proving her fathers.

"Not doing yourself any favors bells" he chuckled and patted his daughters head.

"Stay home today and then tomorrow, if you feel up to it you can go to school I won't stop you..." he paused and stopped at the door of her bedroom " I worry about you Bells so don't give your old man a hard time okay?"

Bella sighed and dropped back onto her bed. " Sure dad... I'm sorry I don't mean to worry you" she said relenting to his will and decided to stay home.

She heard the bedroom door close and feet thundered down the stairs as her father left. She stared at the ceiling vacantly, her magic was much more active.. since yesterday.. it started when Edward intervened while she was talking to her mate. She enjoyed Rose's company and they were finally having a real conversation one that didn't involve glances across the crowded lunch room.

She knew it wasn't good for her anger to overwhelm her, she found that out when Renee made a comment against her extra member, her magic fluctuated wildly nearly, killing her mother with the falling ceiling fan. That's why she did her daily meditation, she calmed herself, and allowed her magic to flow through her body without any interference. Her elevated temperature was due
To that of course she could tell her father that unless she wanted him to send her to a mental ward. By now she was absolutely sure that their witch lineage was never shared with the boys of the family, because her father had no idea that her 4 times over great grandmother left her a fortune and not her fathers father which he probably assumed did.

Bella sat up in a half lotus position and closed her eyes. She felt the strings of magic flow through her body.. she found the problem and worked to untangle the knot. She didn't know how much time passed since she started but when she looked to the clock on her desk it read 2:34pm.

"Wow .. time really flew by" she said to herself, her stomach growled at her as she walked down the stairs , wearing a vest and a pair of loose joggers, her feet covered in wooly socks, even though she didn't feel affected by the cold like most people, no one like cold feet.

She made herself some lunch and thought about what happened, she knew Edward was probably throwing a diva tantrum. She didn't pay the boy much mind, he events in motion and she didn't particularly need to be with him or even remotely nice to him to get her answers. Her anger at him had simmered, she no longer wanted to rip his arms off and beat him with it. 'Revenge' she mused.. 'maybe I could slash his tires ? Or turn his hair pink oooh maybe lodge a even bigger pole up his ass' she shook away her thoughts when the microwave timer indicated her cup noodles were ready.