The truth doesn't cost a thing

Previously on Can we start over?

"It's fine Bells, these things happen I'm just sorry for those families you know?"

"As long as you don't give up faith that doing your best will hopefully be enough someday"

"Two red eyed vampires are in forks and will try to feed or kill the longer they're here. So I suggest you concern yourself with the real 'Dangerous' creatures and leave the Cullens alone"

"Haiz... well I guess you better sit down then, it won't be a pretty picture"
————————————————————————

They say telling the truth doesn't cost you anything but lying could cost you everything.

Bella hopes that the saying was false, she hopes Rosalie will understand the reason she kept certain things about the past to herself , she hopes  that telling her the truth now ? Didn't have an adverse effect on the events that was set to follow. She already pushed the envelope too far , she changed things , hoping that it didn't have an negative Effect on the outcome as a whole but those small triggers managed to rewrite certain events , she might not care about the whole of humanity as a whole but allowing innocent people to suffer because of a choice you made? Hurts more than she let on.

She blames herself for allowing a another girl to take her place as a victim, she might not have actively participated in hurting her but she was the main reason it happened.

Now standing across her mate who wore a blank expression waiting for to tell the truth , to stop lying , to stop keeping things to herself. She hesitates not only because of her own selfish need to have control of the situation but she hesitates because telling Rosalie or the Cullens of the events might effect them negatively, might kill more people than necessary so yes, she truly hopes that explaining her actions or revealing the past timeline didn't have such a big effect on the present.

"Ive already told you that I've lived a timeline similar to this, we've gone over the fact that I died at the hands of your brother" she pauses, she doesn't need to see the pained expression on Rosalie's face to know it's there.

"The thing is .... I've glossed over some things , the way I came into your lives before doesn't matter really , but what does matter is what happened at the baseball game in the past. The reason I wasn't surprised at the invitation was because it was the event that would start everything, our first encounter with the nomads , how Laurent would ask to join the game, how James would take a unhealthy interest in the human the golden eyed vampires kept."

Then she explains everything—she tells Rosalie about the panic that set into the Cullens the first time, she tells her about how the entire family banded together to protect her, she tells her how she had to lie to her father saying she was never happy in forks to begin with to keep him safe by breaking his heart for the second time, she tells Rosalie that she spat the same words her mother did when she divorced her father taking his daughter away from him.

Tears pool in her eyes but she keeps it at bay, she doesn't need to cry now, she hates the fact that she hurt her father so deeply before, how easily she allowed herself to be swept away without a choice of her own. She tells Rosalie about how Edward decided to trick James , and sends her back to her home in Phoenix in the vain hope that he wouldn't be able to track her.

She tells Rosalie that the trackers mate found information and managed to find out where she was going.Throughout it all Rosalie holds her expression she tried not to tear into the wooden arms of the chair she's sitting in. She watches Bella pace up and down her bedroom floor rehashing the tale.