Chapter 4

THE WAND

" The wand shares the same core as the one who gave you that mark, Miss. He was an evil wizard, but it also shares the same core as your brother's wand. "

- Garric Ollivander.

Y/n woke up to the sound of a knock on her window

Y/n woke up to the sound of a knock on her window. She groaned, rolling over and spotted a barny owl outside. He knocked once more.

Y/n shot up with a frown and then recalled her conversation with her uncle a few days ago. The same excitement rushed through her body as she jumped out of her bed and hurried towards the window.

She slid it open and the owl dropped the letter before hooting away. Y/n grabbed the letter with red wax seal, Hogwarts crest over it.

She squealed and ran down the stairs, realising it's her birthday too. " Uncle Chris!!!! I got my letter! " She jumped up and down, the letter in her hand as she showed it to her uncle.

Chris chuckled, pulling her in a hug.
" Happy birthday, princess. And congratulations. Guess what we're doing today? "

Y/n smirked, " Shopping for school,
duh! " She said and Chris laughed, nodding. " Yes, darling. Of course that. But we're also going to celebrate your birthday. "

Y/n hugged her uncle tight. " Thank you, thank you, thank you! You're the best uncle ever. " She said, jumping down the chair she was standing on and looked at the letter.

" Open it. " He encouraged and Y/n nodded. She gingerly opened the
envelope and took out the pale parchment.

" Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry,

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Miss Moonstone,

                            We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. 

Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall Deputy Headmistress. "

Y/n read and smiled to herself. She grinned, opening the second page. It read:

" Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry,

UNIFORM First-year students will require:

1.Three sets of plain work robes (black)

2.One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear