Chapter 78

BURNT TO ASH.

" The same Malfoy boy that hates
you? "

- Christopher Moonstone.

Y/n trudged down to the Great Hall for breakfast

Y/n trudged down to the Great Hall for breakfast. She wasn't hungry, but she was sure she'd not cry around again.

She swore to herself she won't let Draco Malfoy ruin her Christmas spirit. She grinned as she spotted Harry on the breakfast table. " Morning! "

She beamed and Harry chuckled.
" What's got you so happy? " Y/n grabbed the toast from Harry's hand,
" Christmas Spirit. "

Harry laughed, " It's still a week away! " He rolled his eyes, grabbing another toast for himself.

Y/n shrugged. " You can't ask me why I'm smiling, Harry. " She giggled and Harry smiled softly, " I'd like you stay that way. "

He kissed her temple and Y/n smiled to herself as she took a bite. Although she wasn't feeling alive from the inside, spending time with Harry always comforted her.

" Uncle Chris wrote me back. He says we are joining the Burrow for Christmas. So are Lupin and Tonks. " She grinned cheekily and Harry nodded.

" Where's Ron and Mione? " Y/n looked at the door and sighed. " Hermione's trying to avoid Ronald while he's busy with-"

" Snogging Lavender. " Y/n cut Harry off and he nodded, amused. " They're gross, not to be rude. "

Harry chuckled, nudging her. " I mean, honestly! Fine, we get it you're dating. You don't have to snog around in public. It's just digusting. It's a shame neither of you encouraged me to give him a piece of my mind. "

" Who? " Y/n gave Ron a blank look.
" There's just this readhead I wanted
to hex. How are you doing this fine morning? "

She smiled too wide and Ron looked at Harry, " What did I do this time? " His face struck with horror.

Y/n bit the inside of her cheek, rolling her eyes. " I don't know, mate. " Harry snickered and Y/n glared sideways at her brother.

" Morning! " Hermione chirped but her smile fell as she spotted Ron. Y/n shared a look with Harry before pulling Hermione beside her.

" Mione! How was you night with Cormac? " She grinned evilly and Hermione flushed, eyes slightly wide.

" Erm.. It was-"

" Very fun, wasn't it? I knew Cormac would give you a good time. " Y/n smirked, winking.

" Cormac?! As in McLaggen? " Ron asked sourly, his face scrunched in pure jealousy and annoyance.

Y/n frowned, " Yes, Ron. You didn't know? You should've seen Hermione and him together. They looked so cute while dancing-"

Hermione nudged Y/n, giving her a hard look but Y/n ignored it. " YOU DANCED WITH THAT GIT?!! "