Chapter 8

POTIONS

" Harry Potter. Our new — celebrity."

- Severus Snape.

The Potions classroom was in dungeons near Slytherin common room

The Potions classroom was in dungeons near Slytherin common room. Y/n found it rather cold and quite. She walked faster to reach the classroom.

Even though she was five minutes early for her Double Potions, she didn't want to get on the professor's bad side seeing as she had heard he didn't like Gryffindors very much and favors Slytherins, his house.

She opened the door after taking a deep breath and peeked in. Finding no one, she shrugged to herself and entered, heading towards the front of the classroom.

Snape was sitting there, eyeing her.
Y/n smiled slightly, " Good afternoon, professor. " She stated and Snape nodded, his stern look instantly dropping.

Y/n sat in silence, only reading the first potions chapter she was supposed to do today. Cure for Boils. The class started to fill in and Harry settled beside her.
" You're early."

He whispered and Y/n smiled, " Yeah. Didn't want to be late. " She murmured and headed back on reading.

Once everyone had arrived, Snape stood up too, and started taking roll calls.

" Ah, yes,"  he said softly, " Harry Potter. Our new — celebrity."  He stated sourly. Y/n frowned to herself. What was his problem with Harry?

Draco Malfoy and his friends Crabbe and Goyle sniggered. Snape finished calling the names and looked up at the class.

" You are here to learn the subtle science and exact art of potion-making,"  he began and Y/n looked at Harry as he started to take notes.

" There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, O don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion- making. However for those select few.. " He says looking at Draco Malfoy for a brief moment.

"... Who possess the predisposition. I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame and brew glory and even put a stopper in death." He says and looks at Harry.

".. Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts with abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention. " Snape says throwing every word directed to Harry who was sincerely taking his notes.

Y/n frowned and nudged him softly, motioning her head towards Snape.

" Mr. Potter. Our new celebrity. Tell me what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Snape asks and Harry looks down.

" You don't know? Let's try again. Where would you look if I ask you to find a bezoar? " He asks.

" I don't know, sir. " Harry says.