Reunion

Set in the Death Cure au
———-
The crowds of people surrounded her, her dark raven hair swaying in the cold breeze as she slowly crossed the street. Her lonely stroll stopped abruptly when she caught a glimpse of familiar brown eyes, his intense gaze fixated on her before he turned towards another street. Thomas.

Her mind was racing in panic, seeing him here in the last city as this place was controlled by WICKED. She didn't want him to get caught or hurt, the thought sent shivers down her back.Teresa frantically ran towards him, spotting him walking towards more isolated area as their eyes briefly locked.

"Tom!" She shouted as worry spread through her chest and ran towards him. She quickly arrived near the area she saw him, finding no one as she desperately looked around for him.

"Thomas?" She whispered, quietly as she found no trace of him. A wave of sadness washed over her, thinking she was just imagining him as her blue eyes glistened with tears. She missed him.

She suddenly felt a familiar presence behind her, causing her to turn around and became face to face with Thomas. He was silently staring at her, mesmerised by her beautiful blue eyes as he breathed in her presence.

"Tom, you need to leave. You'll get caught." She whispered, softly as she felt herself lost in his brown eyes. Even though they were on opposite sides, she still wanted to protect him.

"I'm not staying. I just needed to see you." Thomas muttered, quietly as he stared at her. His brown eyes swirled with unknown emotions, hearing the worried tone in her voice.

"Why? It's too dangerous." She spoke, softly as she stared back at him.
"Did you regret it? What you did to us?" He whispered under his breath as he watched her process his words.

"Sometimes. I just did what I thought was right. I only regret losing you." She muttered, softly as she desperately tried and failed to hold her tears. Leaked tears streamed down her cheeks as she stared at him.

Thomas watched her glistening tears run down her angelic face, his expression unknowingly softening as he silently processed her words.
"Good...." He whispered, quietly and stepped towards her. He knew he should hate her, never want to see her again but he just couldn't do it. The mere sight of her made his chest ache.

Their eyes locked, burning with unknown emotions as they stared at one another.
"Goodbye, Tom." She muttered under her breath as she turned to walk away. Tears continued to stream her cheeks, feeling pained to be separated again but she knew the truth. They hated her.

A firm hand suddenly wrapped around her wrist, making her turn around and pulled forward.

Strong muscular arms wrapped around her small waist, tugging her closer to his chest as she found herself enclosed in his arms.
"Tom?" She whispered, confused as she melted against him.

"Don't tell anyone I did this...." He murmured, quietly as he buried his face into her soft raven hair.
She slowly nodded, her face wet from her tears as she desperately clung to his chest.

"I miss you...." She muttered, softly as she clutched his jacket and buried her face in his chest. He didn't reply as he breathed in shakily at her words and tightened his hold on her small waist. They stayed wrapped up in each other's arms for a while as silence filled the air.

Teresa could stay in his arms forever but reality set in and her mind quickly reminded her of the danger Thomas was in. She slowly shifted out of his strong arms, already missing his warmth as she glanced at him. He had a unnoticeable smile on his face, staring at her.

"You need to go, Tom...." She whispered, softly as worry spread through her chest.

"I'm sorry...." He muttered, quietly as he heard the concern tone in her voice. He glanced behind her, spotting Gally and frowned at her. Her beautiful blue eyes looked confused, wondering what he was talking about as she stared at him.

The sack soon covered her head as she whimpered in fear and tried to grab for him.

"Good work, greenie. Now let's take her." Gally spoke, calmly as he held a frightened Teresa. He quickly noticed Thomas staring at Teresa and saw his fisted hands.
"Be careful with her...." Thomas muttered in a barely audible voice as he saw her trembling and desperately tried not to reach for her.

He ignored Gally's confused look at his words, still staring at her. He didn't want her hurt, just like she didn't want him hurt.

Author's Note: Please do comment what you think so far of the story. It really helps motivate me by hearing your thoughts. I'm hoping to update soon :)