Humidity

Set during the Maze Runner au
———
It was a hot evening, the heat causing beads of sweat and skin to be revealed as the boys tried hard not to stare at the only girl in the glade. The dark haired girl who was innocently wearing a white tank top, glimpses of her bra peeking out from the hem.

"Is there something on my face?" She asked, confused as she stared at her friends. Her hand lifted the spoon, her meal still unfinished as Frypan's homemade stew could be seen in her bowl.

"Why did you take your bloody shirt off?" Newt responded, amused as he glanced at a silent Thomas then back at her. He stifled his chuckle, watching her stare at him with a confused look that spoke everything.

"It's too hot." Teresa answered, quietly as she innocently tilted her head. She didn't know what the big deal was.
"I'll shucking say." Minho snickered, knowing most of the gladers were staring at her.

The gladers instantly averted their gaze and continued to eat their meal, teenage hormones spreading through their bodies as her dark raven hair casted over her bare shoulders. The trio however, stayed seated near Teresa like a protective barrier. She was still one of them.

"I can't take it anymore...." Thomas muttered in a barely audible voice as his jaw clenched. His hands became fists under the table, feeling his insides turn into coiling snakes in his stomach.

His brown eyes darkened in anger as he glared at another glader who was staring at Teresa's breasts before they instantly glanced away. He hated this.

"Come on, Teresa." He spoke, firmly as his large hand wrapped around her wrist before he gently pulled her out of her seat.
"What? What's going on, Tom?" She responded, confused as disbelief clouded her blue eyes. She didn't know why he was acting like this.

His grip tightened as she tried and failed to loosen his hold on her, he was too strong. She was so focused on Thomas that she didn't notice the amused looks on Minho and Newt's faces, the other gladers staring at Thomas with envy.

"And this is why I have a problem with those two." Gally grumbled, rolling his eyes at the scene in front of him. It was such a nuisance that Teresa's beauty was attracting every glader.

The hut was quiet and vacant by the time they arrived, Teresa glared at him with annoyance as he finally released his hold on her.
"Tom?" She spoke, noticing him close the door with a loud thud.

Her cheeks instantly flushed red as she watched him take his shirt off, his muscles stretching in the process before his blue shirt covered her head.
"Wear this." Thomas muttered, quietly as his darkened brown eyes pierced hers.

The authority in his voice struck something inside her, not knowing what to say as the air became thick with tension. She swallowed hard and meekly nodded, slipping her arms through his shirt as his soothing scent engulfed her.

"I'm supposed to be your boyfriend." He muttered under his breath as he intently stared at her. He didn't like the thought of sharing the girl he loved.

A soft smile slowly grew on her face as she processed his words, feeling herself lost in her favourite pair of brown eyes. Thomas had no reason to be jealous, her heart would always belong to him.

"I'm only yours, Tom." She whispered, softly as her arms wrapped around his neck and stared at him. Pleasant tingles spread through her body, now knowing the real reason of his strange behaviour earlier.

"I just love you so much...." Thomas muttered, quietly as he was mesmerised by her beautiful blue eyes. He instinctively wrapped his arms around her small waist, keeping her close to him.

He watched her cheeks flush red at his words as he briefly thought the colour made her look even more beautiful.
"You finally admit it...." Teresa whispered, softly as her forehead pressed against his in bliss.

Their lips ghosted over each other's in the silence, longing to touch as they stayed wrapped up in their warm embrace. It was just them.

"Do you think they're still listening?" He murmured against her pink lips as he heard the faint sound of shuffling near the door.
"Probably. They're so nosy." She muttered, quietly as her fingers lovingly caressed his neck.

He chuckled, knowing his friends were on the other side of the door as they tried to listen in to the supposedly lovers quarrel. Too bad that never happened.

Author's Note: Please do comment what you think so far of the story. It really helps motivate me by hearing your thoughts. I'm hoping to update soon :)