Chapter 5

No drunkards, sirens, officers buzzing back and forth the entrance, not even a sight of criminal struggling and resisting from the handcuffs. The scene at the station was far more peaceful than they expected.

Moonbyul smiled when she saw Solar seated next to her swinging her short legs that almost touched the ground. 'She's like a kid waiting to be picked up from school' she thought. After a while, a man in a navy-blue police attire with black tie and name printed on the uniform that says 'Officer Jung Yong Hwa' approached them with a smile, widely flashing his snaggletooth. They got up from their seat and gave him a light bow.

"That was fast" He said, now standing right in front of them.

The girls looked at each other thinking they were late and he was being sarcastic.

"We're sorry to keep you waiting, Officer Jung." Solar apologised.

Officer Jung was shocked at her reaction, "Oh! No, no. You misunderstood. I meant the two of you got close really fast considering you've just met this morning." He said pointing at Solar's arms that was still wrapping around Moonbyul's.

They looked at their arms and pulled away immediately, now looking away from each other. Officer Jung held up a fist to cover his smile before he breaks the awkward silence guiding them inside, "right this way, ladies."

Once they all sat in an interrogation room together, he began to ask a series of questions.

"Solar-ssi, do you remember anyone by the name Ahn Bo Hyun?" Solar shook her head.

"Then, do you feel that you've been followed recently?" Moonbyul snorted, covering her mouth to stop herself from laughing. Solar lightly kicked her under the table and Moonbyul groaned in pain, earning a questioning look from Officer Jung before she shook her head once again.

He removed a photo from a case file on the table and slide it towards them showing a picture of the man from this morning. "His name is Ahn Bo Hyun, he was charged multiple times for rape, assault and drug abuse. But all of the charges against him were dropped because his family is powerful enough to influence the law system. I'm sorry to say that he might get away again this time."

Moonbyul's face turned serious but soon reached out to hold Solar's hands, gripping it tightly assuring the latter who looked anxious.

"So are you telling me that he might come after me again and there's nothing we can do?" Solar almost broke into tears, fearing that day would come.

"Yes and no. Yes, he may come after you or even Moonbyul-ssi. No, we can do something about it. There is a superintendent newly appointed here who wants to be involved in this case. She formed a special unit without the Headquarters' knowledge to address the corruption and hopefully restore the law system that the wealthy families have been controlling. In the meantime, the two of you should stick together."

Moonbyul pulled Solar's shoulder close to her and glued their cheeks together. Officer Jung clapped his hands laughing at how silly Moonbyul can be, "Not literally!" Solar said annoyed and slapped the younger girl's thigh that made the latter release her grip, pulling away.

"Well, I'm not concerned after I see how close you both are, literally" He teased.

There were knockings on the door that interrupted the lively atmosphere. The door opened slightly and a small figurehead peeked through the small gap.

"Having fun, officer?"

"Huh... Oh! Superintendent! I'm sorry, I was about to explain to them about the witness protection program that you've proposed." Officer Jung sprung up and bowed. The door is now opened wide enough for her to enter and her face lit up when she saw a familiar face.

"EONNI!!!" the short girl ran to Solar's embrace as she got up from her seat spreading both arms widely welcoming a hug.

"Wheeinah! I haven't seen you since you moved back to Jeonju. How are youuu... Superintendent Jung?" Solar giggled wiggling one eyebrow, the latter pouted.

"Eonni~ don't tease me. I have my reasons and we should catch up but more importantly, let's talk about your case." She said, removing her arms from Solar's waist and looked at Moonbyul who is now bowing to her. She smiled and reached her hand out for a handshake which Moonbyul took it.

"Hi, Moonbyul-ssi, I am Superintendent Jung. But please call me Wheein, because I sound old with that title and I don't want to be a Superintendent in a corrupted law system but at the same time I needed this title to restore it. Irony, isn't it?" Moonbyul just smiled and nodded, "Anyway, Ahn Bo Hyun is a dangerous man. I want to protect both of you until we find a way to prosecute him. Until then, I plan to ask you both to live together in the same house."

"But we barely met" Solar had a disapproving look on her face, Moonbyul's smile turns into disappointment after seeing Solar's expression.

"I know, eonni. But safety first." Solar let out a defeated sigh knowing Wheein's right, "but where are we living? Her place or mine?"

"None, since he said he knows where you live, not to mention he even calls your name. Not to worry, I've already prepared a place for the two of you. No one else knows about this place except for us here and my special unit. It's not even under my name, I put it under my cat Ggomo" She smiled innocently but frowned when Solar giggled at how cute she can be.

Wheein then instructed Officer Jung to prepare 2 cars to avoid being noticed in patrol cars, sending them back to their respective houses to pack their belongings and later drove them to 'Ggomo's' house.

As they arrive home explaining to their family, the worried look on their family's faces didn't disappear and it got worse when they were warned not to contact one another too frequently in case Bo Hyun hired someone to trace their calls and messages.

Soon they arrived at the house in a suburb further away from the University but easily accessible by public transport. Wheein prepared everything they needed from new phones, SIM cards, replacement of bank cards and any other electronics that could be traced. She assured them her special unit will be guarding the area and follow them around but at a distance to not attract any attention.

Moonbyul scanned the key card and typed the pin number and being the usual gentleman (or woman), she opened the door allowing Solar to enter first. They tour around the house and noticed one thing that baffled Solar – There is only one bedroom and one king size bed.

"I'll sleep on the sofa"

Both of them said at the same time, looking at each other.

(End of Chapter 5)

-A/N-

Was trying a twist when I mentioned Officer Jung, thinking ya'll would expect Jung Wheein. Teehee! But anyway, thanks for reading. Please comment and vote <3.