Chapter 9

The hallway seemed to split into 2 seasons – Spring and Winter. It looks like flowers have bloomed and birds are chirping on one side of the hallway while the other half looks all cold and gloomy or one may even see a snowstorm approaching.

Solar was in between Yoon Do and Moonbyul, but her attention mostly goes to Yoon Do. They were chatting and laughing cheerfully while Moonbyul felt like she's a third wheel. This went on until they arrive Solar's office.

'Finally' Moonbyul thought, the walk from the lecture hall to her office seemed like forever but she felt worse once they started to brainstorm activities for the festival together. For the past hour, Solar has been rejecting all of Moonbyul's idea, but keeps trying to get Yoon Do to contribute some ideas which the latter just shrugged his shoulders and laughed.

"No Moonbyul-ah, I think that's a little exaggerated. What do you think, Yoon Do?" Moonbyul's patience finally ran out after Solar rejected another idea of hers. She packed her things and got up from her seat, earning a surprised look on both Solar and Yoon Do's faces.

"Where are you going? We're not done discussing here." Solar said.

"Yoon Do will do." Moonbyul replied coldly but Yoon Do couldn't read the situation and clapped his hands praising her, "Hahaha! That's a good one, you are punny!"

Moonbyul rolled her eyes and left Solar's office. After a while, she hears a set of footsteps running towards her then she felt a hand grabbing her wrist tightly. She looks over her shoulder to find Solar panting, catching her breath while her hand is still holding on to Moonbyul's wrists.

"W-Wait, Byulah. Is everything okay? Why are you suddenly acting like this?"

"I don't know. Maybe Yoon Do knows." She said still maintaining her cold tone with no expression on her face.

"What do you mean Byulah?" Moonbyul ignored her question, proceeded to hold Solar's hand, applying a little force that is enough to free her wrist from Solar's grip. Solar felt her chest tighten feeling uneasy as she watches Moonbyul leave.

Moonbyul's POV

"Hey, wait up! Where are you going?" I feel a grip on my wrist again, I've had enough.

"I said, I. DON'T. KNOW! ASK YOO-..." I looked at the surprised face on the innocent girl's face, I feel guilty for shouting that I lowered my voice back to normal, "Sorry Jennie-ah, I thought you are someone else."

"Aishh, eonni you scared me. What happened? You seem to be in a bad mood."

"No... Nothing. Maybe I'm just too tired."

"Eonni, although I'm assigned as your bodyguard you can tell me anything. Besides, I can't have you roam around by yourself, Wheein sunbaenim won't let me hear the end of it." Jennie pouted crossing her arms.

"Sorry Jennie-ah. This won't happen again." I promised then ruffle her hair, "Let's go."

"Home?" she asked, fixing her hair.

"Mmm... It seems that you'd have to work overtime tonight." I smiled as I see a questioning look on her face, but I never do things without a reason. I thought about a few excuses last night so that Solar can have the bedroom all to herself. Although it won't be a long-term solution, going home late is what I can think of for now.

Solar's POV

I walked back to my office but Yoon Do is nowhere to be found. I saw a note on the table that says,

'Sorry Prof., gotta go club activities. See you tomorrow.'

I scratch my hair in frustration since nothing is going my way. There was a knock on my office door and it swings open before I even give them the permission to enter.

"Working hard?" Prof. Jung bend his head in, peeking through the door not fully letting himself in yet until I greeted him, "Jung sunbaenim..."

"What's wrong? You seem to be upset with something. How is the preparation for the festival going?" He asked, I simply shake my head to respond and he continued, "Solar, I hope I won't come out as condescending, but the festival isn't all about you."

I sigh and starts explaining everything that happened today and he listens attentively, occasionally nodding. "From what I understand based on your explanation, it seems that you came out to be biased or play favourites towards Yoon Do so Moonbyul feel left out."

"But I'd never-" he put up his palm, signalling me to hold my thought. I nodded and let him continue, "Like I said, it looks like it on the surface though you didn't mean it that way. But I also have another opinion on how Moonbyul acted."

"I could be wrong, but she seems to be interested in you."

"HUH?!" I baffle at his assumption.

"Jealousy is a sign of love interest don't you think?" I wanted to deny but it all makes more sense now. He then walk closer to me placing his hand on my shoulder assuring me, "Look here Solar, I don't care what kind of relationship you have with your student. We're all adult and love is love, you can't stop it from happening. As much as I want to support you, the society is not as kind."

"You are mistaken sunbaenim. Moonbyul is my student, nothing more." I declared firmly.

He looks at my stern face and let go of his hand off my shoulder. He smiled walking towards the door but stopped halfway turning his head towards me tucking both hands in his pocket, "I hope you don't misunderstand me because I totally ship you both." I blushed at his statement, "And FYI, I'm never wrong." He winks and left me dumbfounded.

I continue to work until my stomach alarm growled. I look at the time realising its past dinner so I packed my things and left. Lisa waited for me by the school gate and drove me back to Ggomo residence.

The lights are on when I enter the house. I take my heels off quickly and ran inside hoping to find Moonbyul as I recall how she acted earlier, it makes me feel guilty in some ways.

"Oh, you're back. Welcome home." a voice greeted me warmly, but not the voice I seek.

"Wheein-ah."

(End of Chapter 9)

-A/N- It may be boring for now because of all these tedious background information and explanation but please be patient with me >.< the plot will get better. Let me know what you think so far, comment or feedback below and vote! <3 Thanks for reading! <3