Chapter 24

Solar's POV

"Eonni... Get some rest. Hwasa and I will be in the living room if you need us, alright?" Wheein pat my shoulder assuring me while I give her a light nod.

I allow myself to flop on the bed, leaving a huge sigh before I unlock my phone to check any new messages – nothing from Moonbyul. I tossed about in bed failing to catch any sleep until tears slip through my eyes flowing down uncontrollably, 'I'll never stop loving you' her voice repeats in my head until I didn't realise that I have fallen asleep.

I woke up really early the next morning in hope to see Moonbyul again at school since there's Ethic class and festival planning in the afternoon. I was disappointed when I didn't see my hamster in my class and waited anxiously in my office in the afternoon, hoping to see her attendance for the planning.

"Prof. Solar? Hello? Hi? Anybody there? Solar in the office? Cousin? Sister? YONG SUN NOONA!!!" I jumped at sudden call from Eric who is now frowning at me, "You didn't hear what I said do you?"

"Huh? Oh, no. Sorry, Eric I was a little lost in thought" I said apologetically.

"Yea right 'a little'. You've been out for almost 30min since I started giving you a rundown of the activities." He frowned, but his brows relaxed turning into a worried look, "Everyone knew what happened yesterday, noona. I support you wholeheartedly, but I'm also worried about both of your future."

"It's okay, Eric. Thanks for worrying about me, but I'll be fine. We'll be fine." I assure him with a weak smile.

There was a sudden knock on my door and I spring up almost immediately to dash towards the door but stopped myself when I see Hwasa peeked through the door.

"Um... Prof. Solar." Hwasa slowly let herself in, closing the door quietly behind her.

"Hi Hwasa, what brings you here?"

"Prof. Jung assigned me as the new committee to replace Moonbyul, because... She will transfer school today." She looks down when she said that.

"I'm sorry Eric, Hwasa. I don't feel well, meeting is adjourned for now. We'll discuss this tomorrow." I left my office in a hurry, so they didn't see my tears that almost fell. My heart sank deeply when Hwasa dropped the bomb, my chest feels so heavy and I feel suffocated.

I walk out of the school and enter the car after Lisa opened the car door for me, but Wheein caught me off guard when she sat on the passenger seat waiting for me.

"Wheein-ah, good timing. I want to ask about-"

"Moonbyul's mom will hire a group of top-notch bodyguards, I confirmed it myself. She'll also be safe since she's moving as well. I'm sorry eonni but I can't say deny the fact that her protection is solid enough that I have no reason to hold her back." Wheein answered without my question.

My tears are now falling not caring about Jenny and Lisa who sat at the front, frantically searching for tissue and hand it to me. Wheein pulls me in for a hug and pat my back, but I can also feel her tears running on my shoulders as she hugs me saying, "I'm really sorry eonni. I wish I could do something for you." I shook my head in her embrace and I continue to bawl my eyes out.

Wheein's POV

After I made sure eonni has fallen asleep, I made my way to the living room where a lioness seems to be stressed about something. I don't know what got me to pull a prank by scaring her. I quietly walk behind her but I get scared instead when she suddenly says, "it doesn't matter how quiet you walk... Just walk normally."

"But how?" I asked.

"I wonder how you became a superintendent in the first place, you're making me doubt your ability." She sighed then pointed towards a mirror next to the television – of course, reflection. Stupid.

She giggled when I realise how embarrassed I am, but I cleared my throat and shrugged it off like it never happened, "what are you doing?" I asked, trying to change the topic.

"Online gaming..." she replied, but her eyes stay fixed on the screen typing swiftly on the keyboard. I looked over and had another shock, "YOU'RE AHNYONCE95?!" I yelled out.

"Ow... Don't yell into my ears it hurts!" she winces and stuff her ears with her fingers, "Why? Is there a problem? Do you know me?"

"Wheepup..." I whispered.

"What?" She removed her fingers from her ears, leaning closer to hear me better.

"Wheepup... is my game ID."

"WHAT?!"

"I SAID-"

"I HEARD YOU!"

We both stared at each other in shock and silent soon fell. I glance at her screen and alarm her, "Hwasa! Your character is dying!" She snapped back to reality and quickly return to the game, but it was too late:

 I glance at her screen and alarm her, "Hwasa! Your character is dying!" She snapped back to reality and quickly return to the game, but it was too late:

"Aw... Moonbyul's gonna be so mad at me now..." she pouted, "Aishh, this is all your fault. It was my chance to get all the loots today, too."

"Wait, Moonbyul's here?!"

She quickly covers my mouth and place a finger on her lips to signal silence, then reminded me of Solar eonni when she pointed towards the bedroom. I nodded understandingly that makes her remove her hand immediately, now pointing towards the screen asking me to read their conversation.

(In-game chatroom)

Moonstar: Noob, how did you even die? You just lost your chance to loot everything!

Ahnyonce95: Shut up... I was distracted alright?

Moonstar: By who? Waifu-nim?

Ahnyonce95: You can say so if runaway bride-to-be counts.

Moonstar: Yea right what a good excuse. As if you meet Wheepup in real, I mean I'd be surprised if you did. You both had been in-game couple for years, but she didn't show up at the in-game wedding and remain inactive to this day.

Ahnyonce95: I did meet her though.

Moonstar: Bullsh- wait. For real?

Ahnyonce95: Mhm... And she's right next to me now.

Moonstar: Hold on, you said you're at Solar's house with- WHEEIN IS WHEEPUP!?

Ahnyonce95: Why don't you move back in here to find out?

Moonstar: You know why. Anyway, gotta run. I can hear my mom's footsteps approaching.

*Moonstar has logged off*

(End of Chapter 24)

-A/N-

Thank you so much for reading this. Can anyone guess what game do they play? I know Mamamoo didn't play that game in reality, but I'm curious how many of you know about this game. Let me know in the comments below.

Take care and stay safe! Cheers!