Closing Note & Credits

Hello!  Thanks again for reading and supporting my work 'Against All Odds'. I have just a few explanation to run through about the final chapter 55. Please bear with me, while I take you through my mind.

Author's Note:

This story is basically an alternate universe where Mamamoo is their idol and our main characters have their own roles as teacher (Solar)/student (Moonbyul & Hwasa)/officer (Wheein).

(Chapter 55) Tie the knot - To get married (Hwasa mentioned about Moonbyul having difficulties tying the knot of her tie)

(Chapter 55) Tteok Tokki 🐇- This is the name of Tteokbokki restaurant for my latest story 'Tteok (떡) to my Heart'. 

As a Chinese ethnicity, I am integrating the culture of 'fetching the bride' into this story. I understand wedding proposal is beautiful, but I wish to express joy of wedding ceremony, something different. 

In Moonbyul's wedding vows, if you haven't noticed, it's the song titles for Mamamoo 11th album 'Where Are We': Destiny, Where Are We, Another Day & Memory for Life.

-{The Past}-

Moonbyul and Da Hee (Lee Lawyers & Co. heiress) were student and tutor in a relationship while Ahn Bo-Hyun (Hwasa's brother) had a crush on Da Hee. Ahn Bo-Hyun first met Solar when her brother Kim Tae-Pyung (Hyun Bin) gave up his chance to be CEO of ACDC. Moonbyul's mom found out about her daughter's relationship and sent men to terrorise her, but didn't know the men she hired happened to be Jae-Mo's (Hwasa & Bo-Hyun's father) men. He wanted the Moon and Lee family to clash because of his humiliation on the meeting of his dismissal. Da Hee was brutally raped and killed, by the time Bo-Hyun found her, she's on the brink of death. He then swore to do the same to those who underestimated him, incl. Kim Tae-Pyung, thus Solar was caught in between the crossfire. He seek the authorities Superintendent Jung Joon-Ho (Wheein's Dad) for help but his own father erased every evidence because it all linked back to him. Jung Joon-Ho had to leave Seoul for Jeonju, otherwise Jae-Mo would rid his title and kill his whole family, thus he did as told and Wheein suddenly disappeared on Hwasa.

-{The Present}-

Solar and Moonbyul met again when Bo-Hyun was executing his revenge on Kim Tae-Pyung. He was about to let Solar slide after he faced a short period of jail-time, reminiscing how he wouldn't be who he is if it wasn't for Tae-Pyung's resignation and save him some grace of embarrassment. But after he found out Moonbyul's identity as her mom is part of Da Hee's cause of death, he plot his revenge. 

One day, he was affected by drugs and mistaken Krystal Jung for Solar because of her hair dye. At the same time, Krystal Jung was an officer dispatched to go undercover to find out ACDC slush fund and corruption activities. She was also caught in between the crossfire and face was severely stabbed by Bo-Hyun. He also had intel about Officer Amber Liu who is currently dating Krystal Jung, as one of the best hacker worldwide, he threatened Krystal is in his hands and told her to do as told or he'll kill her right before her eyes. 

Amber still pledged loyalty to her fellow comrade, she returned to the crime scene and stabbed Jae-Mo up to 19 times, changed the school festival flyer to June 19th, together with the passcode 0619, all to warn about the date 'June 19th' so the officer would know that's the day Bo-Hyun would kidnap Solar to lure Moonbyul.

He did all this to make Hee-Kyung (Moonbyul's mom) admit to the murder of Da Hee, but he was psychologically hurt to a point he had completely lost his mind almost killing his own sister.