Chapter 44

"If you daze around like that, a fly will enter your mouth, Chairman Ahn Bo-Hyun."

"Ah... Jung sunbaenim." I said, bowing my head to a senior whom I've always looked up to ever since I joined ACDC. Jung Woo-Sung sunbaenim has always taken care of me, he would treat me like any other employees, disregarding the fact that I am the Chairman's son. Thanks to him, I've learnt the ropes and manage to handle dad's business with less reprimanding.

"Drop that title, I no longer work for ACDC. I'm happily guiding teachers in RBW University now."

"Yes... I'm glad you get to do what you finally wanted. Anyway, what brings you here?"

"What's with that cold attitude? I came to celebrate, of course. I brought a good wine." Jung sunbaenim flashed his signature smile while swinging a bottle of wine in front of him. He has always known for his good looks, every female employee who walked past them can't help but take a second glance at him.

I froze in place with sweaty palm when he asked, "So... Have you confessed to her yet?"

"W-W-Whaaat? N-No! There's no way she'd-"

"Hahaha look at you, stuttering. Man up and confess already, don't you think you've stalked her enough?"

"St- No! I'd never stalk her!"

"Get real now, if it wasn't for my dad to help you drop the charges, you'd have been behind bars for loitering around Lee Lawyers & Co. every day, every night." He chuckled, "Well, what's the hiccup? I even heard she saved your face today."

"Ugh... Don't even remind me." I sighed recalling all the embarrassing events that happened today, "It's fine, I have no chance. I mean, who am I kidding? I'm just-"

"Oh, Da Hee-sshi. How are you?" Jung sunbaenim suddenly bowed which made me flustered and I thought my heart was going to jump out of my body. I blindly followed his actions which made him roar in laughter while smacking me on the back, "Psych! You're so whipped, just confess to her already you wimp!"

"Aish... Jung sunbaenim!" I held a fist up, threatening to hit him but he bowed the second time, "Oh... Da Hee-sshi. Long time no see, are you well?"

"Ha! Don't try to fool me, sunbaenim. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame-"

"Physical assault will earn you prison time of up to 5 years, Chairman Ahn." The sweet voice yet firm that makes it alluringly sexy replied behind my back, I gulped while I turn slowly to see it is indeed her in the flesh, "have you not faced enough shame for today?" she asked with a smile. Jung sunbaenim snickered while he is still in a bowing position. 

"I- uh- We're-" I'm lost of words but thankfully Jung sunbaenim came to my aid.

"Just two boys messing around." He got up from his position and ruffled my hair that I fixed instantly, trying to put up a good image in front of her. She lets out a relaxed giggle that makes my heart throb, that beautiful smile, that intellectual, makes her attractive in every way.

"Well then, I have to go. It was nice seeing you today, Mr. Jung. I look forward to a new ACDC under a new leader, Chairman Ahn. I hope you won't disappoint." She smiled and left, I don't know what got over me when I plucked up a courage and asked, "D-Do you have a boyfriend?" but I forgot to adjust my volume as my employees were now giggling as they walk past. She turned back and shook her head with a blush on her face – I was lovestruck.

My world feels like angels were tooting horns and ringing our wedding bells in that moment. I can feel a hand rummaging through my pocket, it was sunbaenim who took out a ring that I have always hold on to, finding the right moment to confess my feelings. He gave me a determined look and nodded, instigating me to go after her but she was no longer in sight because I've spaced out for too long.

I chased after her, frantically searching her among the employees who are now leaving after office hours. I saw a familiar figure entering an isolated meeting room, which was rarely used since it is located furthest away from the main office, but I decided to take a chance. With only one door away, I mustered another round of much needed courage and was about to turn the door handle – until I heard her moan.

'Aaah... Hahh... Moonbyul-ah... R-Right there...'

'Eonni, you are too loud.'

'I- Ahh... Hahh... Told you to do this somewhere, you are one impatient baby-'

'Am I? or are you' I could hear a squelching sound among her moaning increasing in volume. I clenched my fist and slumped back defeated.

'Someone's going to find us, your mom is going to find out about us and-'

'You will be arrested – a tutor who had sex with her underage student.'

'And whose fault is that?'

'Awww.. you're pouting, cute.'

I got up to leave with their kissing sounds playing in the background. I felt myself losing consciousness and when I came to my senses, I witnessed a pouring rain, I am now kneeling down on a cold muddy ground, with Da Hee's life slowly withering in my arms. I hugged her tightly with my endless tears falling down from my face, easily washed away by the rain, "Da Hee-sshi, hang in there. Who did this to you?"

"Ahn... Bo... Hyun...?" her voice clear as yesterday, but now barely uttering.

"I'll take you to the hospital, Da Hee-sshi, please don't speak anymore." I begged, but my knees are fixated on the ground, so I tried to call out for help, yet it was deafened in this pouring rain.

Her trembling hands found its way to my face as she muttered her last words, "Ahn... J-Jae Mo... Be ca- careful of him... and- M- Moon Hee K- Kyung... don't... hate her... too much... I- I'm sorry. Chairman Ahn... I- I can't- return... your... love." with that, her hands completely lost its strength. I cried out in frustration and despair, the love of my life, had died in my arms.

My vision is soon shifted into a familiar scene at the police station. The person in my arms is now switched to Superintendent Jung Joon-Ho whose collar is now in the grasp of my hands, "Why won't you charge Moon Hee-Kyung?! She's the one behind this! Isn't my testimony enough? I have the evidence, I recorded everything happened there and I told you, I heard the victim Lee Da Hee said her name-"

"And MINE" I heard dad's voice behind me followed by his usually slap in the face as if it's a normal form of greeting of his whenever he sees me, "You want to put your old man in jail too?"

"And why were you mentioned too?" I asked in spite.

"I found out that old hag was going to scare the tutor away from her daughter, I decided to voluntarily help. Besides... Nothing beats the sight of a conflict between the Moons and Lee Lawyers & Co." Dad laughed with no sense of guilt.

"...why did you do something unnecessary-"

"Ya, you little prick! Have you forgotten how that little wench embarrassed your old man in the conference room when I was dismissed? She deserved it! you should thank me I didn't do more-"

Thwack

That was the first time I hit Dad, but certainly won't be the last, I swore. As I fell on the cold hard ground with dad throwing consecutive punches at me, a number of officers rushed over to hold him back. Before I passed out, I could hear dad gave out an order:

"Superintendent Jung, it's for the sake of you and your family that to be off this case and move to Jeonju. No questions asked, tell no one. Leave quietly and I'll leave you be."

'Jung Joon-Ho, you coward... If there's anyone I'd kill right now, you shall be first.'

.

.

.

"Sir..." a hollow voice seeping its way into my ears. I jumped in alert as soon as I open my eyes and saw one of my men bowed to me, "The sirens... They're on the way here."

Stretching myself and cracking loose a few bones after returning from a repetitive nightmare, I got up from the bed, surveying my surrounding before giving them my order, "Well what are we waiting for? Prepare to welcome our guest."

(End of Chapter 44)