Chapter 12

Solar's POV

--- Next Morning ---

I woke up to my alarm without realising I have fallen asleep last night. There is still no sign of Moonbyul when I roam around the house but at least now I know the reason why after I recall what happened last night.

She didn't leave any breakfast or note which I'm glad thinking she might have given up courting me. I walk towards the car where Lisa is standing while munching on a pack of waffles. Since I didn't have breakfast, I wanted to ask where she got it but before I do, she put her other hands out with another pack of waffles and a cup of coffee.

"A hamster scurried over to me and hand me these." Lisa said.

I nodded thinking, 'Is this her way of not making things too obvious?' As I was about to eat, I noticed a sticky note on the coffee lid that says:

'Good morning Sunshine! I'm sorry for leaving abruptly yesterday Prof., that was very immature of me. Will you forgive me please? I'll make it right this time, see ya.'

It was such a sweet innocent note in others' eyes, but not after they find out the truth behind all these gestures.

--- After Class ---

Moonbyul enters my office earlier than the appointed time and gave me a light bow. She apologises again which I had long forgiven. We went through her ideas again especially after what Jung sunbaenim reminded me about being biased and once I see it in another perspective, her ideas are indeed interesting.

I saw a trail of sweat slowly trickling down her forehead, I stretched my hands out to wipe it brushes her fringe back with my fingers. I don't know why I did it but regretted it seconds after I realised my actions. The latter just coughed, punching her chest like she choked.

Now that they're both back in my office to continue where we left off, she really means what she said about making things right. The moment Yoon Do enter my office, she offered him a handshake, "Hi. Yoon Do, was it? I'm Moonbyul. I feel that we haven't properly introduce each other and I'm sorry for leaving yesterday."

"Hi Moonbyul! Don't worry about it and you can call me Eric." He replied, then shot a wink towards me, "and that includes you, Prof." I rolled my eyes at his flirty act but then an idea struck me. 'Maybe, just maybe. If I show her my interest in men, she'd have no choice but to give up.'

Throughout the whole discussion, I gave them my equal attention but occasionally place my hands on Eric's shoulder trying to drop a few hints but Moonbyul doesn't seem to be bothered.

It's the second day of discussion and Eric still hasn't contributed any ideas and I can see the annoyed look in Moonbyul's face which became worse when Eric excuses himself for club activities. I didn't like what he did either but thought defending him this way would make her distant from me.

"You know Prof., why don't we discuss among ourselves and Eric can leave the committee for his club activities?" she suggests, but I won't give her any chance to be alone with me, "No Byul-ah. That won't do, I need Eric."

I saw her teary eyes, "I don't understand. He's not even serious about it, he didn't contribute to anything and you NEED him? What does that make me?"

"You are important as- "

"Oh, I see it now. I'm the 'as well' I can certainly see YOUR NEED in him when you can't stop defending him even though he's wrong!"

I felt the words pierced right through me. I know I've succeeded to make her feel this way but part of me just doesn't sit quite right. Failing to contain my frustration I finally blurted, "You are being jealous because you love me. But it doesn't give you any right to choose whom I want to be with."

Moonbyul's eyes widened but turns teary and I snapped out of my anger now feeling guilty for hurting her with my words.

"Byul-ah, I overheard you and Wheein last night. I'm doing this for us, please understand. I've done nothing but hurt you, I don't deserve you." I explained, trying to wipe her tears off with my thumb but she held my hand instead preventing it from getting near her face.

"You're not doing this for us. I knew it all along this would affect your career, so I held my feelings back. But who the hell are you to tell me who deserve to be with me?" She threw my hand away and walks out of the office.

I didn't go after her this time as I thought this is for the best. I go back to my desk trying to finish my work but couldn't seem to focus. I reclined my chair back and sighed. I check my phone that is vibrating, showing 'Joy' as the caller ID then I slide to answer the call.

"Eonniiiiiii..." the voice in the other line whined.

"Yeeeeeees...?" I answered in a similar manner which made the latter laughed.

"Eonni you sounded like a zombie. Is everything okay?"

"Not really, but I'll be fine. Anyway, why did you call?"

"Why not? I haven't heard from you since you skipped grades in high school and became a University professor. Let's catch up!"

I contemplated for a while because knowing Joy, she'd probably suggest the club but I'm not a fan of it. I eventually agreed since I needed some distraction off my troubled mind.

"Where do I go?" I asked.

"Let's meet at Itaewon Club."

(End of Chapter 12)

-A/N-

Hello~ hope I didn't bore you with the emotional stuff. I promise it gets better after this chapter. I'm having a cold/flu as I'm writing 11 and 12 (it's almost 2AM) so sorry if this didn't turn out interesting cause I wasn't in the right mind with all these snorting hehehe. Regardless, thanks for reading! Please comment & vote! <3