Chapter 33

"Is that understood?"

"YES, MA'AM!"

"Good. Operation Pink will commence this evening, I'll see you all then. Dismissed."

As the group of officer ushers their way out of the briefing room, I looked at my girlfriend who were engrossed in reviewing the case files that she didn't even notice me. I was actually surprised that she didn't object against me acting as Solar eonni to lure the suspect out.

Yonghwa discouraged me at first because we have yet to find the person who left us trails of hints to pick up, but at this time since we're running out of options and I refuse to let anyone be the decoy. We decided to take a gamble on the fact that whoever they are, have no ill-intention and is on our side.

I had run down the details to my team that I would be disguising myself as Solar eonni, unbeknownst to her and Moonbyul, since they would definitely make a fuss about it. I had an unwavering confidence after we have gathered more evidence from the latest murder of a girl with a pink dyed hair.

It was revealed that Bo-Hyun's psychiatrist has stepped forward to confirm our suspicion, he was indeed diagnosed with Prosopagnosia. Relieved that he can only identify Solar eonni by her hair colour, we decided to go ahead with this plan.

I walked over to Hwasa and hugs her from behind which startled her a little at first, then she turns her face towards me and kiss my cheek. I plopped my head down on her shoulders to hide my flushed face as I hear her chuckle and asked, "are you alright?"

"Yes... Thank you." I mumbled but she could hear me.

"What for?" she scoffed.

"For supporting me."

"Can't say I wholeheartedly agree, but at least I'll be there to protect you." She caressed my hair to assure me, I nod to acknowledge it. She sighs and says, "Are you sure it's a good idea to keep this from Eclipse couple? I mean... You took all the trouble to dye Professor's hair black last night and told her it's a preventive measure against my brother. Do you think she will suspect anything?"

I got up, releasing my embrace and gave her a firm answer, "I'm certain and I'd like to trust Moonbyul on her words."

"What did Moonbyul said?"

"That our dear Solar eonni is Yeba, so she wouldn't think much about it." We stared blankly at each other before erupting into laughter as she nodded in agreement.

"That's right... Oh geez. You make my tummy hurt from all that laugh... But what about Moonbyul? I'm sure she'd want to know so she can be around Professor."

"As a friend, I usually would tell her. But in this case, she is also a target and I heard she won't be going to the festival tonight. It's unfortunate but I'm relieved that we have one less person to worry about."

"Wait, she's not coming? What's more important than Professor?" Hwasa presented an annoyed look.

"She's going on a blind date." I said carefully as I sense that she wasn't informed.

"Wait, wait, wait. HOLD UP! What's this all about a blind date? Sorry, Who?"

"Moonbyul..."

"What?"

"Going on a blind date..." My voice descends while her voice ascends.

"What?!"

"With Eric Nam from Nam Neurologist, the family who owns one of the largest hospitals in the medical industry..."

"WHAAAT?!"

"Well... She agreed her mom to set her up on a blind date in exchange for her freedom. I heard both families are meeting that night."

"WHY?!"

"Well screw that bitch! I'm going to set things straight that her daughter is not straight!" She got up angrily but with a little force of my hand, I pushed her to sit back down and she looked at me.

"And then what? Do you honestly think her mom is just going to sit around listening to your lecture and leave them be?" I sigh to calm myself down after seeing her getting surprised by my words, "I know how you feel, babe. I was angry too, but this is something they have to overcome themselves. Please understand."

She got up once more to hug me after I release my hold, "I'm sorry for acting rashly. I should've thought this through. I don't mean to upset you, Wheein-ah. Please forgive me."

I stroke her back to calm her down as well, "Don't worry, I believe they are strong enough to overcome this together. I love you, Hwasa. Let's just focus on us, hm?"

"Hm... Yea I trust your words, my love. I love you too."

(End of Chapter 33)

-A/N-

Hello! I'm super duper uber excited for this Wednesday! Who else here is looking forward to 'Promise U' ? Raise your glass and let's cheers to the wonderful Wednesday. Gosh, can't express the butterflies in my stomach and a whole zoo pounding my heart. Thrilling!

Thank you for reading and supporting this story by voting. I hope you look forward to the next few chapters as I will be serving you the main dish shortly. The next chapter update will be on... *drum rolls* This Wednesday on 28th July 2021 too so stay tuned!

<3 Take care, be safe, stay healthy and happy moomoos! <3 Love ya'll!