Chapter 49

He's strong. The wrath consuming him is the source of his power. Wheein sensed Moonbyul is reaching her limit being her girlfriend's shield. She had never seen her girlfriend in this state before. 'I must do something, fast! Move, Wheein. Is that all you've got to give?'

Gathering up her last ounce of strength, she flipped her body over and took hold of the rifle. Stabilising her breathing, she checked the magazine only to find one measly bullet left. She carefully aimed at her target, 'Good. He may be stabbing, but I've got a better aim now.'

'You only have one shot.' Wheein reminded herself, taking a deep breath and the moment she saw Moonbyul lost all her strength and fell unconscious, 'It's now or never!'

*Bang*

'Did I hit him?' She questioned herself, diverting her focus away from the rifle to check the shot on the target. 'Thank god... It's a hit.' She felt energy completely drained, feeling relieved but also losing consciousness as she watched Bo-Hyun coughing out blood while clutching his neck tightly, as if he was suffocating. 'Thank god... You are safe now Hwasa.'

While both Wheein and Moonbyul lost consciousness, Hwasa finally regained hers. She watched the scene before her in horror – Moonbyul with multiple stab wounds next to her, Wheein passed out in a distance and her brother coughing out blood, panting with bullets of cold sweat running down his face.

Breathing heavily, he tried to get up but stumbled on one knee, then fell down but Hwasa was there to catch him in time. Wrapping her arms around him, she began to weep, "Oppa... What have you become? Why are you like this?"

"H-Hwa-sa..." He struggled to speak as he watches his dear little sister cry, "D-Don't cry. Yuh- you know that I hah... hate to see you cry."

"Oppa... Please turn yourself in. It's not too late, we can start over again with mom."

"I-It is- too late... for me." He coughed out more blood this time that he had to empty his blood-filled mouth before he can resume, "D-Do you remember when we were younger, you love watching Beauty and the Beast?" Hwasa simply nodded, trying to hold back her tears by clenching her lips together.

"You would always ask me to be the beast... Hah hah hah..."

"Oppa, stop talking. Let's get you to the hospital, we can start over trust me. Medic! Yonghwa! Anyone please, help!" she called out desperately. Bo-Hyun covered her mouth and shook his head smiling, "I'll willingly be the beast... for my princess. ACDC... I willingly took it from dad, just to warm up the seat for you."

She pushed his hand away from her mouth, "What do you mean, oppa. Please, stop talking." She begged and resumed to her screams for help.

"I'm not a good brother... I'm sorry, Hyejin-ah."

"Don't say that, oppa!... Look, the medic is here." Her eyes turned into a gleam of hope when a few medics hustled over to carry both Wheein and Moonbyul on a stretcher, "OVER HERE!" she yelled out to them.

As the medic walk closer to them, he waved his hands at them to decline the help, "I-I can't hold on much longer, so... Please listen to me Hyejin-ah... Will you obediently listen to oppa one last time? Please?"

Hwasa nodded with uncontrollable tears now running down his hand she was holding tightly on to, "tell me, oppa. I'm listening. But after that, promise you will go with the medic."

He smiled and lightly nodded, "Go through my left pocket, sis." She followed his instruction and took out a radish keychain. He grinned in satisfaction explaining, "I... Huff... haven't been a good brother. I didn't visit you even once since our parents separated... But I-I've always thought of you. I saw many young girls... around your age... carrying those... I wonder... If you'd like it."

"I- I love it, oppa. Of course, I love anything you give me. And no, I never resented you for not visiting mom and I."

"T-Thank god... I've been ca- carrying those a-a-around me... I wa- was wondering how to give you... Yet, I hurt you..."

"Thank you, oppa. This is the best gift ever. Now please, let's go to the hospital I beg you."

"N-Nah... Psych! Hah hah... I lied. I-I can't. Love you... sis. Ta- Take care... of... mom."

"Oppa? Oppa! Oppa, wake up. Don't leave me, oppa." Hwasa hugged him tightly but loosened her grip for the medic to check his status. They did everything they could, inserting a tube to pump in oxygen, CPR, then finalising everything by covering his face with a white cloth announcing "Ahn Bo-Hyun, time of death 11.11pm."

(End of Chapter 49)

-A/N-

Hewo! :3 It's your cute author-nim (blaaargh 🤮). Greasy. I hope you enjoy the story so far, thank you for all the support by voting...

I have an exciting announcement to make... I'm going to hold a giveaway event 🎉yay!!! ... Exciting? No? *forces reader to nod. UwU good. (joking ꈍ ᴗ ꈍ ahem!).

As you can see we are drawing nearer, closer to the end of this story. So I'd like to thank the readers for the love and support for my very first fanfic, it means a lot to me. So, what is going to happen? I will first take a vote, leave a comment below if you wish to participate. I will DM you the details later. 

Winners have a chance to win Mamamoo album, including the latest 'I Say Mamamoo: The Best' buuut.... I'm sorry that it will only be CD+Photobook only, no photocard, postcard. 

(๑•́ㅿ•̀๑) Sorry.... But all shipping cost will be covered by author-nim.

Let me know the comments below, take care and love ya'll regardless <3.