Chapter 40

Bruises painted all over her face, clothes completely tattered, barely covering her body and her hair tied in the grasp of Ahn Bo-Hyun as she squirms and struggles in pain.

"Krystal... Krystal! Let her go!" Amber took a step forward with her tears gradually welling up.

"Oh, ho. I wouldn't take another step further if I were you." Bo-Hyun smirked as he pulls out a knife and held it against Krystal's neck.

"This isn't what you promised! I did everything that you told me-"

"Did I tell you to change their passcode to 0619? Did I tell you to stab my father 19 times? Did you think... I am fucking stupid?"

"Ahn Bo-Hyun you coward, let her go!" Solar attempted to provoke him, in hope that he would spare the innocent.

"Aw... Is my pretty little toy jealous? Don't worry, you are next." He ushered a few of his men to bound Solar's hands behind her back with a rope that links to a lever, "pull her up" He instructed his men and they obeyed, resulting in a volume mixer of his laugh, her cries and the sound Amber's phone recording everything live.

.

.

.

(Present Time – SNU Hospital)

Smack.

"Do you have any idea what you have done?!" Wheein hissed. The culprit stayed silence, allowing herself to feel the sting on her face as she leaned back on her seat, but Wheein wasn't having any of it. She grabbed Hwasa by the shirt collar and interrogate her once again, "Why?!"

"I did what I had to do, and I never regret doing any of it." She coldly replied.

"And what exactly do you have to do? Make sure your brother gets his victim at the expense of everyone in his way?"

"No. You know that's not what I-"

"LOOK AROUND YOU, AHN HYE-JIN!" Wheein shouted, which alarmed Hwasa instantly, "Just look around you! Jennie and Lisa are severely injured, Solar eonni is nowhere in sight, Krystal is dead and Amber turned against us. Your. Brother. Is. A. Fucking. Murderer! When are you going to wake up?!"

Realisation hits hard and cold, but true. Hwasa couldn't deny the fact that she messed up the whole operation, yet she was also relieved that Wheein is safe, even if it means at the expense of others. Jennie carefully approached the fuming puppy who just turned into Tibetan Mastiff while the Lioness has regressed to a cat.

"Eonni..."

"Jennie-ya... Are you okay? You shouldn't move around too much." Wheein instantly switched into a soft tone upon seeing her.

"I'm okay. Please don't blame everything on Hwasa eonni. She did her best buying us time to flee with Solar eonni, but we were too weak. I'm sorry. I should've not let Solar eonni leave the room... It's all my fault." Jennie sobbed.

"No, Superintendent Jung. I am to blame for everything. My duty is to guard the door, I shouldn't have let her out after hearing the commotion outside." Lisa stood in front Jennie to defend her.

"Ha... Right, and here we have somebody who have no sense of remorse at all." Wheein said while crossing her arms, indirectly criticising Hwasa, but the latter avoided eye contact.

The door slides open, revealing YongHwa and Moonbyul with Seulgi and Irene behind her. The air became suffocating to breathe in as tensions filled the room. As if on cue, Moonbyul entered the room as soon as YongHwa gulped and look at her.

Jennie and Lisa initially avoided eye contact, but managed to find some courage as they lift their heads up to apologize, "Eonni, I-"

"I don't care." Moonbyul replied coldly.

"Moonbyul... I-" Hwasa approached Moonbyul after she passed Jennie and Lisa.

"Shut up." Again, Moonbyul shot a short yet stinging reply.

"Moonbyul, I know you are anxious but-" Wheein was cut off the same way by Moonbyul who is now facing her after she walked past Hwasa.

"What is done, is done. I don't care. I don't want to hear any explanation of what happened." Moonbyul said, after passing Wheein and now turn to face everyone in the room, "I only have one question – Is everybody okay? Apart from Solar of course." She muttered the last sentence, but clear enough for everyone to hear.

They looked surprised but responded with a simple nod.

"I just want to say I don't blame anyone. Don't be sorry. If you want to apologise, say it to Solar, after we rescue her." Moonbyul's short speech has turned everyone's guilt into determination, "Wheein-ah... With all that's happening right now, I hope you won't have any objection to what I will do next, yes?"

"Moonbyul... Take the wheel." Wheein said and she stood at attention and salute. Jennie, Lisa, Seulgi, Irene, YongHwa and Hwasa followed suit.

.

.

.

(Present Time – ??? Warehouse)

"This isn't what you promised! You agreed to leave my daughter alone if I keep her away from her teacher and you wouldn't harm both of them!"

"Oi, ahjumma!" Bo-Hyun answered harshly on the phone, "Don't you fucking dare accuse me. I only streamed a live video about a pink hair lady and I about to have fun. Did you actually see me harm any of them?"

Bo-Hyun proceeds to switch on video camera on the back of his phone to show the identity of the lady, only to hear a clatter of a phone being dropped on the other side of the line. He smirked and said, "Ahjumma. As you can see the lady is not her teacher, I kept my promise. It's not my problem that your daughter misunderstood and decide to come after me. Anyway, I kept my end of the deal, so I hope you keep the end of your bargain too."

He hung up, leaving Mrs. Moon on her knees as she cowered in panic. Mrs. Nam went over to ask what happened, but she could only reply, "Moonbyul... My baby... It's a trap."

(End of Chapter 40)

A/N:

Hello lovely readers! Just want to let you know I've recently changed my pen-name from the centipede-long name 'moonbyulsoultwinsis' to 'WolfByulJ' :3.

Thanks for supporting this story by voting. I have an exciting news to share - I'm going to publish a second MoonSun story while working on this story. I hope you continue to support this story and the new one, titled 'Tteok() to my Heart'. Link in the comments / find the story in my bio. Thanks & Take care! <3 Love ya'll!