Chapter 48

Seulgi piggy-back Solar with the remaining of Yong-hwa's team escorting them out of harm's way. With the main hostage Solar rescued, Solar Operation Squad has only completed half of its mission. The next thing that caught my attention was the pink-hair lady... Is it really Krystal? I can't tell since body found in the crime scene had her face stabbed 6 times, it was beyond recognition. The only thing we can rely on is the blood DNA test.

But if there is even a slight chance that she is alive, I hope she is fine now in the arms of someone who can truly love her. The next part of the mission requires absolute synchronisation, one misstep and I'll die. I don't ever want to see those tears nor hear her sobbing anymore. I'm determined, I want to live for her.

I walked slowly back towards Bo-Hyun who is still pointing his gun at me while Wheein has her rifle pointing at him. She remained in her position as I walked past, giving her a '✌🏻✊🏻' sign behind my back.

'We move in 20 seconds.'

Counting down from 20...

"There's a good girl... Come quietly and I'll end this quickly." He chattered.

10...

"Send my regards to Da Hee in heaven... Oh wait, I forgot. You're going to hell."

5...

"Any last words?"

1...

"Have you seen a lioness hunt for its prey?" I finally spoke. Now.

"What-" In a split second, Hwasa leapt on his back covering his eyes with her hands and quickly clutched both his hands with her legs, successfully binding it. She then pulled his head back in attempt to make both of them fall on the floor.

As they land, Wheein dashed forward and stomped on his hand which makes him groan in pain, releasing the gun from his hold. She then kicked the gun away from him and Hwasa uncover his eyes, "Peek-A-Boo!" she said, a cue for me to choke his neck to keep him still and punched him several times in the face.

It didn't take long before he starts to move his body about fiercely, successfully broke free from Hwasa's grip, tossing her aside then landed a kick on me, pushing me backwards. He panted for awhile as he looked at the three of us before giving his sinister laugh, "Hahahaha... You bitches are so dead. Having Hwasa come at me from behind while distracting me with a rifle and a voluntary death. I knew it was too good to be fucking true. I've got to praise you though, that was a good plan, but not good enough to stop me!"

He run towards Wheein while pulling out a knife. She didn't have the time to react as she was focused on getting an aim on him but failed as he moved around too much. With only a few centimetres distance between them, he lunged at her. She fell on her back and Bo-Hyun attempted to stab her, but she managed to grab hold of her rifle as a shield, deflecting his attack.

"Oh... Let's see how long you can keep this going." He cackled and proceeded to launch a few more stabs while Wheein struggled, barely guarding herself in that position.

Hwasa were still in pain since she has yet to recover from his attack at school. Despite all that, she was determined to protect Wheein. While she was crawling, I was up and running towards him, kicking him in the face that freed Wheein.

"You sure do love kicking, huh?" He said, wiping the dirt off his face and spitting blood, "Well what do you know? I fucking love kicking too!" he grinned, flashing his teeth painted with blood. He charged towards me with a knife in his hand.

I pulled out my tactical knife in time and blocked his attack. Standing right before him, he is very tall with a sturdy built. He has a different vibe from the man I encounter in the bus. Looking at him closely between our knives clashing together, his eyes is filled with murderous intent.

"What's wrong? No more fight left? Is that all?" He chuckled.

'No, I am not done. I'll not die here, I have a promise to keep.'

As his blades began to push forward towards my face, I applied pressure on my left foot as a sturdy support and kicked him hard with my right foot, but he caught it with his left hand and looked at me with a victorious smile, "I knew you are going to do that."

He pulled his knife away from mine and stabbed my right leg, "Let's see how you kick after this!" he inflicted more stab wounds on my leg as I screamed in pain. Hwasa finally caught up and I could see her holding a syringe while approaching us carefully.

She jabbed it on his neck which made him shout in pain but he pulled it out and punched her down when she only managed to push down halfway through the syringe. "Y-You bitch... T-Tranquilizer...? Did you think I'm some sort of animal, huh? You ungrateful brat, to think I protected you from dad all this time."

He staggered and swayed left to right now approaching Hwasa with the same syringe. I've never seen Hwasa in a weak and battered state before, I see her trembling barely moving backwards with few pushes from her legs until she reached a dead end of the wall. She suddenly curled up in a ball whimpering, "I-I'm sorry, dad... I'm sorry. I'll never do it again, I promise. Dad, stop hitting me, please..."

'Shit. Her PTSD episode.' Watching my right leg bleeding, I ignored it and crawled as fast as I can towards them. I barely made it in time as I leapt forward with the remaining strength I have left, putting myself in front of Hwasa when he jabbed the syringe on my back.

"MOVE!" he yelled. I remained in my position, shielding Hwasa from Bo-Hyun while I observe her mental state. I tried to calm her down, "H-Hwasa... Calm down. Jae-Mo is dead, you seen his dead body yourself, remember?"

"I'm sorry, dad... I'm really sorry. Please stop hitting me..."

'No good. It'll take her awhile to snap out of this.' Before I could say anything further to persuade her, I felt a sting on my lower abdomen. I looked down and saw a knife pierced through my body. Then the knife was pulled out, I tried to hold the blood in my mouth but couldn't. I coughed out blood, my vision starts to get blurry from the tranquilizer shot earlier.

"I SAID MOVE...MOVE!!!" he yelled as he stabs repeatedly on my back. His sounds start to get softer and softer as I start to lose my consciousness.

'I'm sorry, my sun. Solar, Kim Yong Sun, my last love. I know I've lied to you a lot in the past. Let that promise be the last time I lie to you. I can't keep our promise. I'm sorry.'

(End of Chapter 48)