Chapter 21

Wheein's POV

"Yes, yes. It's all being taken care of, I'm so sorry for your loss, Jin-Young ahjussi. Please take care, bye." After I got off the phone with Krystal's dad about his loss, I lean back and slumped on my chair sighing. I stared blankly at my desk with scattered paperwork of Ahn case, sighing 'Why does all these good people have to die.'

Staring blankly at my desk, I suddenly feel something freezing touching my face which makes me jump from the contact. I see an ice cold can of coffee next to my face and look up to see an orange-hair lioness giggling at me, "were you thinking about me?" she asked wiggling one of her eyebrows.

"Who let you in here?" I frowned, not eager to see the family bloodline causing the source of my pain. I followed the direction of her hand as she pointed towards Yong Hwa before I shot him a death glare. He gulps and pretending to get busy flipping a stack of paperwork.

"I hope you haven't forgotten our partnership, (Hwasa whispers: like you forgot your small change and food back at the store...) Superintendent Jung."

.

.

.

-   Flashback   - (Continuation of Chapter 17)

"I just want to see how that motherfucker meets his ends. I'd love to see he died a painful death and a miserable one." she said, with coldness in her eyes.

Yong Hwa knocks on the door and I prompt him to come in, "What is it?" I asked while he bows to me before entering, "Superintendent Jung, can we have a word outside for a sec please?" I nodded, asking her to wait in the room while I follow Yong Hwa outside.

"Superintendent Jung, they aren't able to locate Ahn Bo-Hyun. Due to that very reason, he is deemed as the prime suspect." Yong Hwa whispered to me softly.

"OPPA IS NOT A MURDERER!" The lioness surprises us when she swings open the door, "How could you narrow down the suspect to Bo-Hyun oppa when that bastard has enemies everywhere?!"

Yong Hwa motioned a silent finger on his lips, looking around cautiously as he guides us back into the room. She sat and started bawling while Yong Hwa and I waited for her to calm down.

'It's her goddamn family that creates all these havocs and she dares to cry? I deeply hate all of the Ahn bloodline, but why don't I feel any resentment towards her? I remember she is also an Ahn. But it can't be too much of a coincidence. There's just no way a girl like her is the daughter of a monster.'

I shrugged off that thought and walked over to her, handing her a box of tissues, "Ms. Ahn-"

"Hwasa" She cuts me off.

"Sorry?"

"My name is Hyejin but call me Hwasa."

"Okay, Hwasa. Please tell me more about your family."

She sniffs while pulling out a few tissues from the box to blow her nose and took a deep breath explaining, "My parents divorced when I was 5, Ahn Jae-Mo was a powerful man so he took custody of Bo-Hyun oppa who was only 12 then, since he needed a successor for the company.

That monster is no father of mine. Ever since his business started to thrive, he socialised with wealthy but shady people who had great influence in the politics. Eventually, he gains enough power to influence the law system and that's the beginning of when my life goes downhill.

He would come home drunk and beat up my mom, oppa and me. Even if we call the police he'll just get away with it, there was no escape. The only reason why he agreed to the divorce is because he had a mistress.