Chapter 39

"Amber Liu, the most prominent intel hacker in Republic of Korea. Even the FBI tried to recruit you, but you remain faithful to your own country. For someone with that much loyalty, how could you betray Superintendent Jung?" Lisa said.

"I-I've got to do what I have to do." Amber said as she put her head down, unable to face her peers.

"I'd love to watch a cat fight to break out, but I'm running out of time here." Bo-Hyun slowly approaches Solar but when Hwasa blocks his way while commanding Jennie and Lisa to quickly flee, he grew more annoyed and stares down at her, "Move."

"Take Professor Solar and leave! Hurry up-" Within seconds, he swung his arm across her face, leaving an impact which made her flew to a wall and knocked her out completely cold. He snickered, "That's it? See, I told you to move."

Before he could approach Hwasa any further, Jennie and Lisa jumped in to attack him while Solar rush to tend Hwasa's wound. Jennie took hold of one of his arms while Lisa has the other, "eonni! Leave it to us, go!"

"Huff... You bitches are starting to piss me off. Did you not hear me earlier? I said MOVE. I. AM. RUNNING. OUT. OF. TIME!" he shrugged them off easily freeing his arms and attacked Jennie first. Lisa went on a rampage and tackle him with all her might, but he avoided it, grabbed her by the neck, threw her on the floor, and pinned her with his leg as she screamed in pain.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" Solar cried out after witnessing the violence right before her eyes, "This is all my fault. I don't want them to get hurt because of me... Please let them go... You came for me, right? I will go with you. Just please, spare my students and the officers."

Bo-Hyun eventually lift his leg up to ease Lisa's suffering he then walks over to Solar who is now trembling in fear as he slides one finger to caress her face, "That's a good girl. Should've done this earlier so no one gets hurt, no?" he smiles in satisfaction.

"Why are you doing this to me? I don't even know you. What have I ever done-"

"Shhh... you talk too much, and I need absolute silence until we arrive wherever we should be, so..." He inflicted a blow to her neck causing her to pass out and lifted her motionless body with only one hand resting it on his right shoulder, while he ordered Amber to get the car ready so they can leave immediately.

As soon as they leave, the police force finally arrived upon the exhaustive search throughout the school grounds after they have lost their communication with Wheein on the radio. They began picking up any remaining traces of Bo-Hyun while the sirens of the ambulance approaches, carrying every casualty to the hospital.

Meanwhile, Amber was driving for awhile but when she peeks through the rear-view mirror, she was shot a death stare in return, "Watch the road, make sure no one is tailing us." He ordered, and she quickly fix her gaze back on the road. After moments of silence, he sighed loudly, "Don't worry, no matter how impatient I am, there is a time and place for indecency."

They parked next to an abandoned warehouse, where several men patrol the vicinity. One of them hurried over to open the car door and bowed as Bo-Hyun get out of the car, pulling his jacket down to straighten it. He then motioned his head towards the car, signalling the guards to take Solar inside.

The same guard who opens the door carried Solar on his back and made his way in with Amber behind him. Unlike the architecture of the abandoned warehouse, the interior was a completely different world. There were glimmering chandeliers right above the entrance as soon as you enter, the interior is a replica of a penthouse apartment.

"Here." Bo-Hyun opened a door to a bedroom where he ordered the guard to lock her in there. The guard walked inside and roughly tossed her to the bed which made her wince in pain a little but remains unconscious. Bo-Hyun grabbed him by the collar and slam him on the wall bellowed, "Oi. Be careful. This tramp may not mean anything to you, but she is a key to my master plan. So, guard this room like your life depend on it. Cause if anything happens to her, I'll fucking decapitate you myself, got it?"

The guard's face turns completely pale while he nods frantically, "Y-Yes, Boss. Absolutely."

"And you." He turns to Amber, "Don't try anything funny, you know damn well what will happen to her. I'll do more than just rape her like the other night." He said, patting her on the back before leaving the room. Amber, feeling helpless and sorry towards Solar could only clenches her fists as she bit her own lips while cursing him inside her mind.

Time passes and Solar finally regains her conscious. She jolted up as realisation hits that she was no longer in the school ground. Terrified, she slowly looks down to check if she is still dressed and heaved a sigh of relief that she's still wearing the same clothes, slightly wrinkled but no trace of forceful removal.

"Don't worry. He hasn't done anything to you... well, yet." A voice confirms her suspicions. Solar backed away, clenching the blanket tightly towards her. The voice smirked as it gets nearer and clearer, "Sorry to disappoint, but I have no interest in you."

"You... You're from before-"

"Amber."

"Yes, I remember Jennie and Lisa mentioned about you earlier. You were working for Wheein... Was it all a façade?" Solar slowly relaxed her hands, but she remained alert, subtlety surveying her surroundings.

"No! I would never betray Superintendent Jung... I owe her my life. But there is someone-"

"You need to protect." Solar completes her sentence, which she nodded and put her head down in guilt, "I can tell from that face, full of justice, reminds me of someone dear to me." Solar closed her eyes, thinking of that particular someone as tears trickle gently down her face before she continues, "For someone whose competent and loyal, she must have been someone important to you."

"More than my life. I will pay for my actions later, but for now, I have to do whatever he says."

"Don't you trust Wheein?" Solar asked, "Amber, Look at me. Why do you think I gave myself up?" Amber slowly lifting her head up until her eyes finally meets Solar's, "Because I trust Wheein, and her team will come to my rescue."

"I-I trust her... But it's futile. Everyone in the Ahn Foundation knows what the Superintendent is up to. In fact, she is currently walking in the same path as her dad. It's suicide. That's why I had left a few trails, to serve as a retreating signal, but I guess my message wasn't clear enough since she took the hint and turn into opportunity to get closer. "

"So do we just stand around and watch?" Solar said firmly, her words punched right through Amber's conscience, "We have to do something. YOU can do something about it. We have to get out of here first!" Solar pulled Amber's initially stiff hands, who eventually gave in to Solar and followed her towards the door.

Before Solar could twist the doorknob, it was open from the other side by Bo-Hyun who now revealed himself but this time he wasn't alone. Amber's eyes widened when she sees the girl standing next to him.

"Krystal..." Amber gulped while Solar froze in disbelief and despair, her escape route has completely closed off. She secretly prayed, 'I wish you won't show up here... But if I'm allowed to be selfish, just this once, please save me... Moonbyul!'.

(End of Chapter 39)

-A/N-

Hello~ This is your lazy author J. Thank you once again for all the comment, feedback, encouragement, reaction and support. All of you lovely people may not know this but it has contributed to this story. Thank you & love ya'll so mumumumuch~! <3

Take care & stay healthy :3... No promises when's the next update but if I may shamelessly ask, please follow me, I will send out a notification to all my followers when I publish a new chapter.