𝔩. 𝖙𝖜𝖔

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

⭒❃.✮:▹ 𝐓𝐖: 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫, 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝, 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐢-𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐡𝐢𝐜 𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐬, 𝐞𝐭𝐜. ◃:✮.❃⭒

Leaving Detroit in the night on a whim was tiring, but as the sun rose everyone started to get hungry that meant stopping at a dinner in Ohio. Love and Dick sat on the same side of a booth by the window with Rachel sitting across from them.

A waitress sets three empty green mugs on the table before pouring coffee in one of the mugs making Love shake her head and cover the mug meant for her. Dick looks across the table to Rachel who kept staring out the window, "You want a hot chocolate or something?"

"Just coffee. Black" Rachel stoically replies not making eye contact with anyone

"I bet they have marshmallows," Dick offers looking up at the waitress who reassures his assumption with a nod

"I'm not a kid, okay?" Rachel looking away from the gloomy view to stare at Dick with no intention of changing her order

"Okay." Dick gives in and looks up at the waitress who was patiently waiting to do something with the coffee pot she held "Same for the lady"

As the waitress pours the coffee in Rachel's green cup Love looks up and says, "I'll take a hot chocolate with a lot, like a lot of marshmallows"

The waitress nods picking up the empty cup and walks away to make Love's order. Dick takes a sip of the black plain coffee while Rachel holds her cup in her hands taking in the warmth it provided.

"My mom didn't like me to drink coffee," Rachel admits making both adults look over at her as she reaches the end of the table to grab the sugar container.

Love had yet to ask or be informed as to what happened to Rachel's family. It's not that she didn't care rather she just assumed it was a similar family situation like hers and Dick's. But watching Rachel pour a long stream of sugar into her coffee makes Love smile at the girl while Dick comments, "Sweet tooth, huh?"

Rachel ignores him making Dick hesitantly ask, "Rachel, has anything like-"

Dick was cut off by Love nudging his arm with her elbow, she had spotted the waitress walking over to them. The waitress places a mug filled with a small hill of small marshmallows on the table making Love say with a smile, "Thank you"

Nobody speaks until the waitress walks away making Dick continue with his question "Like what happened, ever happened before?"

"No. Not like that," Rachel truthfully answers but doesn't tell them everything, "I didn't mean to kill that guy"

"How did you kill that guy?" Love asks in a whisper, not in any way wanting to underestimate a teen girl being able to kill her capture. Only that Love just couldn't figure out the 'how' since Rachel was strapped to a chair and the captor was a few feet away