Support

The mission that they had been sent on was more brutal and violent than they originally anticipated. Ahsoka was having trouble keeping up with the overwhelming amount of droids spitting out of the droid factory ahead of them.

They were on some large, grassland planet with minimal water sources for practically miles. Trees were placed here and there but it was nowhere near the capacity a forest held.

She turned, racing over to a dying clone. He had been shot in the chest, but no way in hell was she going to let him die by himself.

His helmet shifted in her direction when she hit the ground on her knees, quickly clipping her sabers to her belt. The others covered for her as the clone, who must be painfully young based on his pure white armor that shinies usually wore, lifted his shaking hand and wrapped it around her own.

She could feel her heart cracking as the clone's stuttered breaths slowed. His hand desperately grasped onto hers and she could tell without even having to sense anything that he didn't want to die.

"It's okay.." She whispered, moving her free hand and using it to rub the hand that the clone had lying on his stomach. "I'm here."

And within a few seconds, he was gone.

She took a few moments to mourn before grabbing her lightsabers and jumping back into battle. Watching any clone die, especially one of her men, was incredibly painful beyond belief. It was the cost of war, but nonetheless it still hurt.

The slight few second distraction gave a nearby droid an advantage. She didn't have time to correct her small mistake before a blast struck her in the knee. She hit the ground almost immediately, looking up in surprise at the droid towering over her before a blast came from nowhere and struck it down.

Ahsoka blinked and watched as Jesse walked over to her, lowering his hand.

She grabbed it and he pulled her up.

"You alright?"

"I'm good," She brushed up the dirt and debris on her armor. "Didn't hit anything."

Jesse's helmet tilted in a nod. Ahsoka, spotting another droid, deflected a blast before it could hit the distracted trooper.

She grinned. "Now we're even."

"Seems fair," Jesse chuckled, then they jumped back into battle. Rex, Fives, and Kix were further ahead of them, so they had to rush to catch up.

Ahsoka turned and quickly slashed down a droid. She spun on her heels, curling her hand into a fist as the droid broke apart.

She smiled, opening her mouth for a laugh before her world went dark without warning.

When she woke up, it was strangely, very dark. At first, she felt fine, but when she tried to sit herself up her entire body screamed out in protest.

She let out a surprise yell, then slammed back into the grass with a pained sob. Because it hurt-

Hell, she didn't even know where she was or what happened. One thing was clear, no one else was around.

And for some reason, everything hurt. There were already tear tracks running down her face. She couldn't move.

Struggling, she reached for her comm, but let her arm drop uselessly when she realized it was broken.

The sound of mechanical footsteps caught her attention. She looked up, and much to her fear, there was a droid standing over her.

And she still couldn't get up. She tried, but cried out in pain. She could feel blood underneath her.