Obliteration

"Open fire."

Echo felt his entire world crumbling as the halls of Kamino shook and groaned under the intense cannon fire that was being rained down on them.

"Hurry!" Hunter shouted at them. "Get to the lift!"

They ran. As soon as they entered the outside world, Echo almost felt like he couldn't breathe.

Tipoca City was going up in flames.

They froze, a giant explosion sending a large ball of orange, engulfing fire into the air. Pieces of the hangers and the landing pads cracked and splintered, collapsing into the oceans below.

His home was being destroyed.

The place where all of his brothers grew, him included. Where they all made joyous memories mixed in with the bad ones.

Where they grew up.

Where they formed friendships.

Where they trained, preparing to be sent out into a war that turned out to be completely needless..

Echo remembered both him and Fives wandering the halls of Kamino. They'd get into trouble from sneaking out of the barracks when they weren't supposed to, but nonetheless it was fun.

He remembered when they failed their first test. But they passed the second.

He remembered the General. 99.

They fought so hard to protect their home. But in the end, after everything had changed..

It proved worthless. Because in the end, it still fell. Not to the Separatists as they may have expected..

But to the very thing they were fighting for. The very thing that used to be the Republic.

He saw the supports collapse under one of the structures, and watched the entire dome slide into the ocean.

It was devastating. His entire world was practically gone. It was burning. Being completely destroyed right before his very eyes.

He's known Kamino his entire life. And to see it being completely obliterated...

Especially by Venators that he could see above them, the same vessels that very proudly were the flagships of the Republic, that defended Kamino instead of destroying it..

Now they were being used for a completely different purpose, stripped of their Republic colors, replaced with a meaningless, empty grey.

"Back inside!" Hunter ordered. Echo snapped out of his trance, sprinting back inside the unstable building. It was pitch black, the damage having caused all power to be lost.

The only light was the bright, blinding orange that was the fire and explosions tearing his home apart.

He wanted to scream, to cry, to curse everything and everyone that caused this to happen..

But he knew it wasn't the time.

There was a loud snap, followed by more groans and trembles. The building they were in was about to give way.

He could see Wrecker still clutching onto an unconscious Crosshair as they struggled to keep their footing on the tilting floor.

Then, he focused on the youngest of the group, but also in a way the oldest. Omega was clearly terrified, clutching onto AZI with tears in her young, innocent eyes.

He rushed over to her. "Come here, kid."

Omega looked up at him, then rushed into his arms. He lifted her up with his prosthetic arm and supported her with his other.