Grief

Ahsoka ducked behind a piece of debris. Her, Rex, and some of the 501st were currently taking down a load of battle droids. There were plenty, and they seemed to be guarding the small building that lay not far behind them.

The battle was growing more difficult. They were outnumbered, but definitely not out-skilled. It didn't matter what type of droids there were. All of them had horrible aim. It made Ahsoka laugh, because it just made taking them out a whole lot easier. Even if she was standing still, they couldn't seem to get a hit on her.

So many they should go easy on them.

But on second thought? Nah. She just couldn't wait to get done with this mission and relax. And hopefully hang out with some of her men. It's been quite some time since she was able to spend any time with them. They were always fun to hang around with. Especially Jesse, Fives, and Hardcase. They seemed to have the most energy compared to the others. Especially Hardcase. He's very hyper.

But she enjoys it nonetheless. It makes things a lot more interesting. Somehow. I mean, it gets chaotic with him around. Especially that time they ran around the corridors of the ship with Hardcase carrying droid-poppers. Rex and Cody were very concerned and were chasing after them so they didn't accidentally explode anything.

Hardcase loved explosions. So did Fives, but maybe not as much. Jesse had a good sense of humor.

But Ahsoka learned just a few months ago that having Hardcase, Jesse, and Fives as a set could be deadly. And by deadly she means deadly.

Like that one time they all pranked Rex.

Oh, he was mad.

She could never get his face out of her mind. But they were all doubled over, laughing their heads off. Particularly Hardcase and Jesse. Their faces were going red and it looked like neither of them could actually breathe properly.

"Commander, behind you!"

Rex's shout snapped Ahsoka out of her thoughts. She spun around and slashed a B1 battle droid in half. It gave out a panicked yelp before being deactivated.

These droids were ridiculous.

"Thanks, Rex!" She yelled back to him. The droids were starting to fall back now, strangely enough. It was leaving the building fully exposed. So once the area was clear, they decided to go in and investigate. That was practically why they were sent down here, anyway.

The door to the building slid open, revealing the discomforting darkness on the other side. The lights were off, and even though it was daylight, they could barely see a thing. Though, they reckoned it was because this building had no windows whatsoever. Only lights. That..weren't on. Unfortunately.

"Alright, be careful everyone," Rex spoke, him and Ahsoka being the first to enter. The troopers followed. They each had lights, so that they could see around them. Ahsoka held her lightsaber ahead of her. It didn't give out as much light, but it was good enough. To her, it only mattered if they could see.

"This place gives me the creeps," Ahsoka muttered. She shivered as she looked around. And after she spoke, she heard some clones behind her murmur in agreement.

Well, at least she wasn't the only one that was uncomfortable.

Rex turned to her. "Well, hopefully we can get out of here, soon. I have a weird feeling about this place."

Ahsoka chuckled quietly. "Yeah..me too.."

Behind them, the men screamed. Ahsoka could hear the sound of a lightsaber and then bodies striking the ground. Her and Rex both froze, spinning around.