Experience pt 2

When Rex opened his eyes, he had no clue where he was. The only thing he knew is that it was dark.

And his chest felt...oddly better, to say the least. Although he didn't really remember what happened other than—

Pain

The long, eerie beeping of what must have been the heart monitor.

And the panicked yells of his brothers.

Then nothing.

Kriff. He had to tell them he was okay.

He was able to sit up, finding that he was shirtless, although said shirt and his armor were stacked on the floor next to him, thank the gods.

But, lucky for him, his comm didn't work. He didn't know if it was where he was at or if it was just broken in general.

Suddenly, the lights came on. It must have been automatic, because the door remained closed.

He was in some sort of medical facility. From the looks of it, the Grand Republic Medical Facility on Coruscant.

Now that he thought about it, he was probably supposed to have an autopsy. Not that they didn't already know what probably killed him
anyway.

After he put on his armor, which he quickly realized was all white, he tried to find a way out.

...

Wandering around the streets of Coruscant alone was very eerie to him. He didn't know where General Skywalker or Commander Tano were, or Kix and Fives and Cody and Jesse—

So he made his way back towards where he thought the barracks were, meanwhile he continued to ask random passerby's if they knew where the 501st was. He never got an answer.

For the most part, he ran. He knew the risks with his heart, and would really hate to collapse and die in the middle of the street.

But he had to find his brothers, or someone he knew. His comm apparently didn't work outside either, and no one would offer theirs up for him to contact someone.

The only thing he could do was keep walking. For hours and hours and until it got dark, he eventually sat and took a rest, falling asleep at some point.

When he woke up, it was still dark. But nevertheless, he gathered himself and headed toward the barracks, which he could now see.

A few troopers were coming out and others going into the barracks. None of them he recognized. He already had his bland white helmet on, so even though it was scuffed, no one would recognize him.

Some brothers waved to him as he passed and he nodded in return. He entered the barracks.

It was...oddly quiet. But he could see Cody, Jesse, and Kix sitting together. There was an odd lack of Fives. He was probably out and about somewhere.

Jesse had apparently been promoted to ARC somewhere along the way, and he couldn't help but smile. Fives must be really proud.

Cody got to his feet and approached him. "You new? Your armor looks pretty scrapped for a shiny."

He shook his head. "Commander, sir, if I may, can I have a word with you?"

Cody nodded, brows furrowed as he turned toward the group. "I'll be back."

Jesse and Kix shared a look before watching them leave. Once they got to a safe spot, Cody stopped. "What is it trooper?"

Rex stayed silent for a second. Cody would probably panic, so he slowly lifted off his helmet.