It's Over pt. 2

CC-2224 walked through the decks of the now-imperial Venator. As of now, everything seemed to be in check.

Everyone was behaving as they should. No one was acting against their current orders, which was to hunt down traitors.

Now that he knew one was dead, it made the process all of the easier now that CT-7567 didn't stand in the way.

It's true he didn't know whether or not he betrayed them, but he had a feeling that he didn't go along with the orders.

Speaking of orders, he was preparing to go down to Saleucami to ensure things were in proper order. He's sure it was, but it wasn't any harm to check.

A few hours later, he found himself ensuring that every trooper was doing their job. As of now, nothing was amiss.

That was until he spotted a ship landing in the forest a decent ways away. Behind his helmet, his eyes narrowed. That wasn't a designated landing zone.

He started off toward it, his suspicions starting to rise.

Who could that be?

It took him a few minutes until he finally spotted the ship. Upon closer inspection, he came to the conclusion that it was empty. Whoever was here had already disembarked the craft.

He tilted his head. This was a Republic ship for sure. There's not many people he is aware of that currently occupy one.

Behind him, he heard something snap. He whipped around, raising his blaster. Better to be cautious.

"Show yourself!"

At this point, CC-2224 is just assuming it's one person. The aircraft only had a single available seat anyway, and that was the pilot's.

It could be a traitor. At that thought, he kept his blaster aimed, and he tensed.

What if it was an ambush? The traitors could take him hostage and kill him.

It didn't matter. He'd never betray the Empire. It was his duty to serve and obey any command he was given.

This is what they were bred for.

"Cody.."

Something inside him jumped. They all had the same voice, but he recognized this one.

It was the voice of a dead man.

Slowly, he turned around. A hooded figure stood a few feet from him. He couldn't see his face, but knew all too well that it was a clone.

A traitor.

It didn't matter who it was. He was a traitor.

The man lowered his hood, and the familiar blond hair made itself evident. CC-2224 couldn't help but stare.

It was CT-7567. The traitor.

But he clearly wasn't dead. So where did the Empire go wrong?

"CT-7567," He spoke. "What a welcome surprise. Especially having the guts to show your face here."

He studied the traitor's face amidst the silence. He tilted his head slightly. Something was different about him.

For some reason, it was something he didn't like. Rex,—CT-7567, looked worn and sad. But it was nothing he needed to concern himself with.

"The Chancellor betrayed you, Cody.." 7567 told him in a gentle tone. "I'm no traitor. You know that."

"You aided and abided in the escape of a Jedi," He countered. "You are a traitor to the Empire."