Vacation turned to Tragedy

here's some pain :)

also, sorry I haven't been posting. I've been running out of motivation so I've been pushing some out slower as I struggle to complete them

Rex followed his brothers out of the gunship, stepping onto the vibrant grass.

They were taking what they all liked to call a nice long vacation. They had some time off to themselves, so Fives' first idea was to relax somewhere.

No better place to do that than a sunny, water-covered planet with scarce land, but the land they did find was in a beautiful spot. There was a large lake in front of them, located between two cliffs.

Of course, Jesse was the first to say that they jump off of them. Kix was not so fond of the idea, mainly because of the safety hazards it brought.

Rex was more in the middle. He came here to relax, not get involved in his brother's crazy antics, but he had a feeling he'd be dragged into them one way or another.

Fives was somehow always very convincing.

"Woah," Jesse muttered, looking around at their surroundings. "This place is nicer than I thought it'd be."

"Don't underestimate the power of nature, Jesse," Fives smiled. "We are going to have the time of our lives! And Rex is going to be in on the fun too. Right, Captain?"

The ARC stared at him.

"I came here to relax, not for you to continuously bully and harass me."

Fives rolled his eyes. "It's not harassing. It's trying to get you to have some fun for once. Come on, please! For us.."

The Captain groaned. "Fine. But not right now."

Jesse and Fives shared a victorious look, while Hardcase was already bounding over to the water. Kix glanced back and gave Rex an annoyed look. He responded with his own.

Hardcase poked the water. "Ooh, cold."

He took a running leap and dove. "Wahoo!"

"Hey!" Jesse called, insulted. "You can't get in without us. Wait up!"

Fives followed. Both charged toward the water, jumping into it sideways and soaking Kix, who was standing nearby.

"I hate you all."

Grudgingly, Rex got to his feet. He pat Kix's shoulder. "I do too."

"Rex!" Hardcase yelled. "Come join us!"

"Coming.." He grumbled, silently wishing he didn't exist. It was pointless anyway, especially when all that happens in your life is harassment by your brothers.

But before he stepped into the water, Fives raised a hand. "As our honorable guest, I bestow upon you the ability to be the first to leap off of those cliffs."

The Captain's gaze drifted up to the high ledges a little bit away.

"Hell no."

"You have to!" Hardcase said. "It's tradition!"

"Please.." Jesse pleaded, widening his eyes in a puppy-dog like gesture that Rex just couldn't withstand. He was soft inside like that.

"Fine. But only once. And you all owe me for this," He turned and began to walk up to the top of the cliff. If he could punch his brothers, he would.

"Dozens of free drinks at 79s?" Jesse offered.

He shrugged. "Better than nothing."

Fives whooped. "And we have a deal! Let's go, brother! Do a backflip!"