Changes (Part 1)

Rex threw the hood of his poncho over his head as he made his way around Coruscant.

He knew that it was dangerous being here, but he had to find out where Cody was. Somehow. Even if it took him ages, he needed his ori'vod back. He needed to take his chip out.

Of course, Cody would probably blame himself for everything that's happened. But Rex would be there for him no matter what.

Not long ago, he received word that the 212th had arrived back on Coruscant. Upon receiving such a notice, he planned his way toward the heart of the Republic.

Well, Empire now. The Republic is gone.
Might as well stop referring to it as such.

Brothers were scattered through the city. A mix of Coruscant guards and just regular, plain white armored troopers.

It was sad seeing them without any individuality. No uniqueness. Just white armor.

He should have listened to Fives, then none of this would have happened.

The good thing is that he knew Echo was still alive. He had helped the Batch get their own chips out not long prior. His younger brother had been delighted and relieved to see him, having originally thought he was dead as he was marked as KIA to the Empire.

Coruscant was also likely where the Chancellor was at. Emperor now. So Rex knew he had to tread carefully.

Cody, where are you?

As more clones made their way toward him, the Captain ducked into an alleyway. Momentarily out of view, he lowered his hood and pulled out a holo-communicator.

He hated to ask for such a big favor from the Batch, but once he got Cody, getting themselves safely removed from the planet without being noticed would prove difficult upon the sudden disappearance of the Marshal Commander.

A few moments later, a small, holographic image of Hunter appeared.

"Captain," He greeted. "It's nice to hear from you again."

"Likewise, Hunter," He looked around, brows creasing as he watched the entrances of the alley. He had to ensure no one was watching him. "Listen, I'm in a bit of a tight spot at the moment, and I'm going to need your help getting off planet."

Hunter paused for a moment. "Which planet?"

Rex chuckled dryly. "Coruscant."

The Sergeant's eyes widened and even Echo popped into the frame. "Coruscant? Rex, what in the hells are you doing on Coruscant? Do you know how dangerous it is?"

"Don't worry, Echo," He reassured his younger brother. "I'm keeping a low profile."

"No offense, vod, but I'm not sure wearing a poncho over your 501st armor is very low profile."

Rex rolled his eyes. "Shut it. It's the best I could come up with at the time."

"I could have done better."

"Sure," Rex couldn't help the smile that spread across his face as Hunter shoved his brother out of the frame.

"Alright, Captain," He sighed. "We'll do our best. Just contact us when you're ready for pick up."

"Copy that," Rex threw his hood back over his head. "Thanks, Hunter."

The Sergeant gave a nod, then the holographic image flickered and disappeared.

Time to get this over with.

He peered around the corner of the alley and back into the bustling streets of Coruscant. How he would find his brother in this mess he had no clue.