-Illumi-

~Gons pov~

I woke up nice and early—as usual. I quickly got dressed and headed over to Killuas place.
I found myself knocking quite a bit for him to answer.
Once he did, he had such a horrified look on his face, like he was about to cry. It softened after a few seconds.

"Hey Killua! Is something wro-"
Suddenly, he was leaning toward me and began to rest his head on my shoulder.
Oh...it must be serious...
I raised my hand to gently rub the back of his head. I felt happy I could be there for him, though his actions had caught me off guard.

Soon after, he lifted his head from my shoulder and backed away. He stood there, looking down at the ground while rubbing the back of his neck. "Sorry about that, I'm just tired."

"Oh um—I don't mind...really."
I realized I was kind of copying his movements. I, too, was behaving in a shy manner.
He then invited me inside.

"Hey I've been thinking," Killua began. "We really should go to that festival."

Where's this coming from?
"Yeah I really hope we can go, have you been thinking about it a lot?"

He had an exited look in his eye. "Yeah! Well I mean, I've never been to a festival...I'd really like to go to one. With you." His exited look faded into an embarrassed one.

"Really? You mean it?"

He nodded.

"Alright then! Even if we do end up running into Illumi, we can still find a way to go to the festival!" His determination was beginning to rub off on me.
Alluka then emerged from Killuas room. Yawning, she asked what we were talking about.
"It's about the festival. You said you wanted to go right?" Killua questioned.

"Yeah of corse!" Suddenly she was awake. "Are we gonna go?"

"I hope so. We still need to be on guard for Illumi though. We could always go in disguises but it's too hot outside for that stuff. So we need to be sure that he isn't around." Killua said, looking a bit more serious.
Both me and Alluka sighed, realizing the reality of the situation.

"I guess we'll just have to wait him out."

Weeks pass, and there was no sign of Illumi.

Sorry my sweet little berries for the short chapter!! I'll be updating either later today or tomorrow. And it will be a SUPER long chapter, I've been working on it for a few weeks.

I hope y'all enjoy,
-mama madlad <333