-Rice Porridge-

~Gons pov~

The next few weeks continued pretty much the same. Every morning I go and wake Killua up, we talk, Alluka wakes up, and we spend the whole day together! It's been a lot of fun but...Killua always seems to act weird when I leave. Whenever I try to bring it up he just says he's fine then he changes the subject.

Today I'm finally gonna get it out of him!!

I got dressed and went over to Killuas door. After a few seconds he answers, looking a bit worried.
"Hey Gon, Alluka is feeling a little under the weather today. I'm going to make her some rice porridge. You can still come over today, it's just that I need to watch over Alluka."

"Oh no, poor Alluka! I can help you make the porridge if you want?" I offer.

"Yeah sure that would be great! Come on in." He gestured for me to come inside.
I kicked off my boots and we made our way to the kitchen. We then began to prep all the ingredients.

As we began to cook, I realized how amazing Killua is at cooking.
"Wow Killua you're really good at this!"
He quickly turned away.
"Whatever, rice porridge is super easy anyway."
I can't help but laugh. It's so funny when he acts like this.

After we finish the porridge, he leads me to his room where Alluka is on a bed in his closet. I point it out and Killua responds with "Just in case Illumi finds us in the night, I need to be close to her so I can protect her."

He helped Alluka sit up and fed her the porridge. She beamed when she took the first bite.
"Thank you Killua for helping me. It means a lot you know." She said quietly once she finished the porridge. He helped her lay back down and put a fresh wet towel on her forehead.
"Call me if you need anything, okay?" Killua said before closing the door.
"Okay I will." She responded from the closet.

Me and Killua walked over to the living room and sat on the couch. We talked for awhile after that.

In the middle of the conversation I asked "Hey Killua, can I ask you something?"

"Um yeah, what is it?" He questioned.

"Well-" I cut myself off. I was a bit hesitant because I didn't want to upset him. I try to reassure myself and kept going.
"It's just that for the past few weeks every time I have to go back to my room, you look so sad. Like you're about to cry. I was just curious about it because I don't want you to be keeping something important to yourself. I want you to trust me." I was staring down at my feet.
"I just want to be someone who you can come to and talk to. You know, about stuff that's bothering you." Once I finally finish, I looked back over at Killua and tears had welled up in his eyes. Just as I was about to say more, he lunged up and hugged me.

"I just— I just don't want anything to happen to you!" I felt his tears seep through my shirt. I could feel his heart pounding.
His display of raw emotions made me begin to tear up. It's not often that Killua is so willing to be vulnerable. I hugged him back.
"After seeing Illumi and everything, I've just been so worried that he'll come after you too. That he'll hurt you." He began to shake slightly in my arms.

I feel so touched. I didn't know Killua worried so much about me!
The more I thought about it, I began to feel my face heat up. Killua started to pull away but I pressed his face into my chest.

I can't let him see my face right now!

Embarrassed, I began to speak. "Hey i-it's okay! You don't have to worry so much about me! I-I can protect myself. It'll be okay."
Why am I so flustered?!?
I held Killua for a little while longer, at least until I could get a handle on how red my face was.
After we pulled away I could see he had a similar expression.

This is kinda awkward....

I decided to break the silence; "Thanks for being so honest with me... I know that wasn't easy."

He nodded, "Yeah...same to you. Thank you for being honest with me as well."
He wiped his nose with his sleeve.
He must've felt me staring because he then looked over at me. I smiled and patted him on the back.
"It's good to have conversations like this."