-The Forest-

~Killuas Pov~

...I think he shines the brightest when he's around his loved ones...
I smiled and blushed lightly, my eyes were glued to Gon. He went on and on about his adventures and how he found me to Aunt Mito. Though she was preparing lunch, she was still very engaged.
"And then we saw Illumi!!" He exclaimed.

"Um sorry but—who's that?"
Mito really doesn't know anything about my family...I'd like to keep it that way.

I tugged lightly at gons sleeve, he understood what I was saying. 
"Oh he's just this annoying guy who we had some trouble with in the past."

"Not too much trouble I hope!" She chuckled.
Gon them went to tell her about the festival and all of the things that've happened over the past few months. His face lit up, remembering our precious moments together. I felt mine heat up as he brought up the festival. I was kinda relieved he didn't bring up the fact that we were dating.

...does Mito know he's—
In my mind, I did the limp wrist.
I guess it doesn't really matter...

Soon after, lunch was ready.
Mito had prepared a full corse meal for all of us to enjoy. It felt so nostalgic, sharing a meal at Mito's with Gon. Part of me wanted to cry at how quickly time flew by, but I wanted to enjoy this moment.

I want to spend as much time as I can with him....

...

Once lunch was finished, Alluka offered to help Mito clean up. She seemed hesitant since Alluka is a guest, but she insisted on helping out. I could feel Gons eyes on me. I looked over at him to see an exited expression on his face.
"Do you want to go to the forest?"
He looked like he was about to burst with excitement. It was cute...

"Yeah sure, let's go!"
We both rushed and put our shoes on.

"Aunt Mito! Me and Killua are going to the forest! We'll be back in time for dinner!" Right as we left, I heard laughter from the kitchen.
I felt like a little kid, running down the hill Gons house sat on and into the forest.

We both raced though the forest until we were completely out of breath. I leaned over, putting my hands on my knees to catch my breath. I looked over at Gon and he had completely collapsed. His whole face was red with exhaustion, sweat dripping from his forehead.

I decided to join him by laying on the ground.

We quietly admired the gaps of sunlight that danced though the trees. I felt so at peace by his side.
I looked over at him and he looked back. He then smiled widely.
Oh that's right—
I quickly looked away blushing.
There is no peace...not as long as I still get embarrassed around this idiot.

I suddenly felt a hand on top of mine. My whole body began to heat up as we weaved our fingers together.
"What do you think you're doing moron!?" I yelled, whipping my head back around to look at him.

"What—you don't want to~?" He teased.
I quickly turned my head back, facing away from him.

"I....I never said that..."

We sat in silence for a few minutes after that.

"Hey..." Gons voice cut though the awkward atmosphere. "You don't have to be embarrassed around me, you know."

"It's not my fault! You're too blunt for your own good." I sighed. "Besides, no one has ever said such kind things to me...I'm not really used to it."
Suddenly, he held my hand tighter. I looked over at him and we made eye contact.

"Do you not want me to?" I could tell I had worried him.

"No no! I mean, I don't mind it! I'm just not used to it. That's all. And— I ᴰᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᵐᶦⁿᵈ ᶦᶠ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᵉᵐᵇᵃʳʳᵃˢˢᶦⁿᵍ ᶜʳᵃᵖ ᶜᵒᵐᵉˢ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ʸᵒᵘ." I found my voice get more and more quiet as I spoke.

"Hm? What was that~?" Gon asked jokingly.

"Nothing you damn idiot!" I got up and started running away.
Gon started chasing after me when he finally caught me by my wrist.

Both out of breath once more, he began to speak. "Please...one more time...for me..." he requested between breaths.

I couldn't say no to that face.
I swallowed my pride and looked away.
"I don't mind all the embarrassing stuff because it comes from you!"
I heard giggling.
"Hey what're you-"
I looked back at Gon to see him taking a video on his phone.

"JERK!!"
I lunged at him as he continued laughing. I pummeled him to the ground, trying to get the phone out of his hands.

"I can't believe I got that all on video!! I'll cherish it forever!"
He somehow squirmed away and began sprinting. I chased after him until we finally made it back to Mito's house.

"Oh wow I didn't realize how dark it's gotten." I pointed out.

"Yeah let's hope Aunt Mito's not that mad at us. We were gone for a while."
Gon carefully opened the door to see Mito and Alluka hitting it off in the kitchen.

"Alright it looks like they're still cooking, we should be okay." Gon whispered to me.
I nodded and together, we walked in.