-Whale Island-

~Gons pov~

Since we only had about an hour till we arrived, Alluka allowed me and Killua some alone time. We sat on the top deck and looked out at the sea.
I could tell Killua had something on his mind, but I didn't want to rush him.
"Are you exited to go to Whale island? I'm sure Aunt Mito will be happy to see you."

Killua nodded in response, "Yeah I can't wait." I noticed a light blush spread across his face. "I'm exited to live there with you..."
I reached over to hold his hand. His surprised reaction was cute, but it quickly faded to worry.
He paused before he began to speak.
"Hey Gon...what do you see in me..?"
He had such a sad look in his eyes. He shifted his glare to the ocean, looking deep into the distance.

"You're the only one." I responded confidently.

"Huh?! What do you mean by that-"

I quickly cut him off, "You're the only one I want."
His annoyed expression soon turned into a flustered one. He hid his face in his hands.
"I-I see..."
I laughed but after that, we sat in silence.

.....

"Killua! Look! You can see Whale Island!" I excitedly pointed to the vague shape of Whale Island in the distance.
"Oh yeah! I can see it!"
We rushed down to get Alluka. Once we got to where she was, we noticed she was asleep.

"Let's just let her sleep, we still have a few minutes till we're there."
Killua agreed and we sat in silence until we arrived.

A few minutes later, the sound of a bell and footsteps cut through the silence. Killua gently shook Alluka awake and we all loaded off the boat.
We all shielded our eyes from the sun, in efforts to adjust to the sudden light.
Immediately, I was greeted by other residents of Whale Island.
"Hey look! It's Gon!"
"Welcome back Gon!"
"It's so good to see you!"

Before I knew it, a whole crowd had swarmed around us.

"Sorry everyone, we have somewhere to be. I'll see you all later!" I grabbed both Killua and Allukas hands and guided them away from the crowd.
We then began the long walk to Aunt Mito's house.

~~~~~~

By the end of the walk, Alluka was riding delightfully on Killuas back. All three of us were sweating.
I forgot how hot it is here...
I took off my green jacket as Aunt Mito's house came into view. Seeing her outside, doing the laundry, gave me enough stamina to run the rest of the way.

"Aunt Mitooo!!" I shouted while waving.
Her attention shifted from the laundry to me.
"Gon?" She questioned out loud.

I laughed. "Aunt Mito I missed you!"
Aunt Mito decided to met me half way.
We both ran until she tightly embraced me. Her tight and familiar hug made me tear up.
"...Aunt Mito.." I sighed, hugging her tightly in return. I was so happy to see her.

After a few seconds, she pulled away.
"Where have you been young man? Do you know how long it's been? Why do you never call? You used to write us but I haven't gotten a letter in over a year! Do you know how worried I've been??"

"I-I-I'm sorry Aunt Mito!" Her reaction had caught me off guard.

Her serious expression softened as she began to laugh. She pulled me back into another hug. "At least you're back and you're safe."

"Hey there Mito!" Killua greeted.
Me and Aunt Mito separated and she embraced Killua.

"Oh it's so good to see you Killua! Oh and who's this?" She questioned, pointing to Alluka.

"This is my little sister, Alluka."
Aunt Mito awed as she gave her a pat on the head. Alluka smiled brightly.

Soon after, we all went inside.