-The Festival Part 2-

-Gons pov-

Once I joined back up with Killua and Alluka, Killua lifted up his arm for us to continue walking together. I quickly interlocked my arm with his and we continued walking.
Looks like he's having fun ...I'm so glad...
I smiled to myself, acknowledging the fact that Killua is enjoying his first festival.

"You know," I started, breaking the silence. "We used to have festivals all the time on the island."
I grinned as I reached back into my memory of Whale Island:
"Everyone on the island, it didn't matter if you were visiting or you lived there, we'd all get together and celebrate. Aunt Mito took me to all of them."

"That sounds like a lot of fun." Killua responded.

"It sure was! I'd like to take you some time." I smiled widely.

"Really?"

I nodded vigorously.

"Alright then, we should all go some time." Killua looked forward smiling.

Right...Alluka....no—it can still work...
I clutched onto the bag I received earlier. Inside was what that older woman was selling.

I looked back up at Killua. He suddenly began to speak,
"Do you miss it there? Do you miss Whale Island?" He looked a bit sad. He had the same kind of look he had when I first met him. When he was alone....

"I do but— as long as I'm with you, I don't mind where I am!"
After saying such things, I expected him to to say something like "cut it out!" or "don't say embarrassing stuff like that". But he just looked more sad.

Shortly after, he looked down at me and forced a smile.

~Killuas pov~

"I do but—as long as I'm with you, I don't mind where I am!"

But why? Why would you want to be around someone like me? I could never shine as brightly as you...why would you want me?
My mind raced with thoughts.
Even if I do love Gon, he'd never love someone like me.
It was painful, but it was true.

I looked at him with fake smile. It was all I could muster after realizing such a painful truth.
He could never love me in return....

As we progressed through the festival, it started to get really crowded.
People shoved passed me and Gon, but he held onto my arm tightly.
I noticed he was also tightly holding onto the bag of stuff he bought earlier. I slid my hand down to his and lead him behind me. This way, I would make a path for him and not as many people would bump into him.
Just because he'll never feel the same way about me doesn't mean I won't stop caring about him.
I guided him through the crowd until it slowly began to settle down. Ahead of me, I noticed Alluka. I dragged Gon over to her.
"Hey are you alright?" I asked.
As she turned around, her face was full of fear. I, too began to feel a sudden burst of terror when she said;
"I saw him...In the crowd...I saw Illumi.."