Chapter 19 : Resurfacing of a Beast

----------------- ~ • ~ -----------------

Previously on NSSH:

Yes. I'm still a horrible human being. Even with these feelings coming back. I became even worse. The most I feared about was what would happen to me, not caring of what they felt about me. I still am the same. I haven't changed at all. I couldn't keep calm. So this is what happens when my emotions take control of me. I separated myself from her and look down at my feet. She continued telling me what they know and before she finished all of it, I turned my back on her and walked away. I could hear her cries but didn't look back. I needed to vent off. I raised my head to look ahead not knowing what happened to myself.

_______________________________________________________

Kiyo POV

Ugh! Just what happened to me? Am I really this weak when I have emotions?
What perfect human. I'm just supposed to be a product. Not a human being. Nothing can change that. Nothing. I'll always be just a product.

EYECATCHER

(Photo not mine; CTTO)

TIMESKIP

I am now in the boys locker room changing. I stopped thinking about what happened earlier.

I changed into my swimming trunks and closed my locker. I got out and went to the side while stretching. I could see Sudo and the others playfully racing with each other. I was about to reach for the water to watch my hair at the side of the swimming pool when I heard someone shout.

"You did that?!" shouted Suzune.

"..." Chiaki was silent. I could hear them since they were also at the side. I ignored them as I showered myself with water. I gathered water in my hands from the pool and threw it on myself.

"Wait, I'm gonna talk to him." said Suzune.

I heard her footsteps grew louder as she comes close.

"Kiyo-kun, can we talk?" asked Suzune.

I stood up properly and faced her with a blanker look and empty eyes. I answered her with the most monotone voice I used.

"What is it, Suzune?" I said. I noticed that she flinched when I said her name. I understood. My voice wasn't dark nor cold. It wasn't sharp yet it hurt her to hear an empty voice. Null. Nothing.

"N-nothing." answered Suzune.

"Alright. Can you go away, then?" I asked.

. . .

3RD PERSON POV

Suzune felt like her world was shattered. She couldn't remember that voice. Even when they first talked or when he scolded her. At least, that had some kind of feeling there. But she could feel nothing. It was really painful.

"N-nothing." she replied.

"Alright. Can you away then?"

She turned around while looking downwards. She could feel her heart being ripped apart. She was dispirited. Disheartened.

"Suzu-nee, what happened?" asked Kei.

"Yeah, what did he say?" asked Maya.

"N-nothing. H-he said it w-was fine." lied Suzune.

"Are you sure? Wait, let me then. Kiyo-"
said Haruka.

"NO!"

The girls were shocked as they knew of Suzune's moods, even in the week they were together, they picked up small quirks and attitude their sister has. Suzune didn't raise her voice that much in the past.