Chapter 34: Intermediate Role I

Part I: Hot-and-Cold Encounter

The sky turned darker as the clouds draped over us. Roaring thunders and scattered lightning entered my senses. With me standing beneath the open sky, I was the target of interest of many people.

Yet none of them approached me and all just went their own way to their dorms.

Clack. Clack. Clack.

Once I heard the familiar sound reaching my ears, I sighed.

Everything has been problematic ever since I've involved myself with Suzune.

No, I guess I just don't understand. It was me who caused this. If I only used everything I have before, my problem could have only been the White Room. Nothing else would have bothered me and I would be living in high life.

Clack. Clack.

My poor profile turned out to be a sham and everything else shattered as my expectations went haywire. My curiosity lead me to this but my decisions broke every meaning I had.

Clack. Clack. Clack.

"Kiyo..."

Hearing my own name coming out from her tiny mouth held me in captive. In captive of my own illusion.

"Arisu. What are you doing here?"

"I wanna talk about an important thing."

Drip. Drip. Drip.

"........."

"........."

Drip.

"........."

Splatter. Splatter.

The trickles turned into splattering heavy rain.

"Can we talk?"

"It's better if you go back now. You'll catch a cold."

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"That's what you told me before, darling."

"Honami..."

I sighed once again.

"Actually, I love staying under the rain once in a while, Kiyo," said Arisu. "Fufu."

"Did Honami tell you that?"

"Fufu, who knows."

"......."

I wonder when did everything go right for me.

"We should leave then. I'll come with you two."

"Aren't you gonna talk to your real lover, Kiyotaka?"

Tack. Tack. Tack. Tack.

I looked back and saw another beautiful girl.

"Aria. I have no business with you."

"Who decided that? Fufu."

Arisu released a grunt hearing her giggle.

"Can you two leave, senpais? I have business with my husband here." Aria spoke with a provoking tone.

"He's not yours and we won't leave." Honami said, surprisingly.

"Hmm?" Aria hummed while twirling her locks with her finger. "I'm very impatient so I can't guarantee you can walk for a few more decades, senpai."

She then opens her mouth wide while covering it with a palm. "Ah, I forgot, Arisu-senpai is–"

"Aria." She stopped talking and she giggles again.