8

I searched through all I had and found nothing fancy for dinner tonight. Something in me is saying to go ask Becca. Following my gut, I put on some slippers and left the room to find her. Hearing voices, I wandered downstairs to see if Becca was in the kitchen. Instead, I almost ran into the guys.

"Did you ask her yet?" Trey asked out loud. Rollins, Rahiem, Trey and Grayson were all standing in the kitchen taking shots.

"You know 'Hiem's scary, he ain't ever had to ask for anything. Genesis is out of his league." Grayson laughed, teasing Rahiem. I hesitated, remaining on the 3rd step so that I could eavesdrop without being noticed.

"Just chill, when it happens y'all know. Patience is key, just know that $200 mine. Bro," Rahiem spoke.

"Y'all still on this? When she finds out that y'all asses." Rollins mentioned. I shuffled back up the steps. I couldn't allow myself to think about what I just heard right now. Instead, I went to Rebecca's door, and luckily, she was in her room.

"Hi Becca, I was wondering if you had anything I can wear for dinner tonight?" I asked her. She gave me a bright smile.

"Yes! Come in. I know the perfect dress!" Becca pulled me through her double doors. We stepped into her closet and I sat in front of her vanity while she got the dress for me.

"Here, you go" Rebecca gave me a bag. "I have to confess, Genesis, I had this picked up for you, you seem like a simple person and I figured you would need a gown tonight.

 "I have to confess, Genesis, I had this picked up for you, you seem like a simple person and I figured you would need a gown tonight

The white gown was so beautiful. I loved it. My cheeks became a crimson color. I thanked Becca and dashed to my room to finish getting dressed.

——————/////——————-

"How did your first day go, Genesis? Rebecca was telling me how she hired you as her assistant." Trixie questioned. We all were sitting at the dinner table. Ramona decided to go with Brennan's of Houston. It was my first time at this restaurant. It was huge and so pretty.

"It was wonderful! It felt great to be working again and not just sitting down around all day! I'm thankful to God for allowing me to connect with you guys." I explained with gratitude.

More conversations popped out as the food arrived. I got the Jumbo Lump Blue crab Ravigote for the appetizer.

 I got the Jumbo Lump Blue crab Ravigote for the appetizer