3

Rahiem POV

"Whose beat up car is that outside on the lawn?"

"Oh you mean Henry?" An unknown female spoke up and walked from around the corner.

"Henry? You named that trash Henry?"

"Yep! That's my baby! Why are you asking about my car sir?"

"Well your baby just got towed by my workers."

The unknown lady ran out of my brother's house so quickly. "NO! NO!" Everyone heard her screams. We all rushed outside.

"Why are you upset about a beaten up car? Just get a new one." I yelled.

My niece went towards her asking what's wrong. Only whispers can be heard then my niece hugged her. Then Ramona walked her back inside the house.

"Why would you do that Rahiem!" My sister in law yelled.

"Well maybe if her vehicle was up to par I wouldn't have done anything."

"Well maybe she can't afford a car because she's freaking homeless!" Rebecca screamed before going after her daughter and the unknown lady.

"Homeless?" I looked at my brother whose eyes filled with anger.

"She's also the person who found your niece dumbass. You're always starting something!" My brother semi yelled as everyone else followed him back inside. I felt bad now.

"Are you sure you're okay Genesis?" Rebecca asked her. The others gathered in the living room wanting to see if She was okay too.

"God will provide. I may have lost everything but I'm still alive and that's what matters. What happened is in the past, let's not forget why we are here. And that's to celebrate the return of Ramona." Genesis answered.

I was stunned by how she replied. How can she be so calm that everything she had was gone? If it was me I would be pissed.

"You're welcome to stay here as long as you want Genesis." Rollins mentioned genuinely.

"Thanks Rollins, one night is just fine. I've been on my own for 1 year. Just me and Henry. I'll survive thanks for the offer though."

"Just think about it okay?" Rebecca stated.

Unfortunately, I couldn't keep my mouth closed. "What's wrong with you? You're homeless and my family is offering you a place to stay. Why are you being stubborn?"

"And who are you to judge? Are you the creator of life? Do you not hold any wrongdoings? Are you God?"

"Nope but-"

"Thank you for proving my point. You can't tell me what to do with my life. So what my car is gone with all my possessions. What good is a man to gain the world and lose his soul? I trust God! It doesn't matter what happens to me. The only reason I'm here is because of Ramona. Now I'm done with this conversation." Genesis turned and walked away as the others just smiled at the way she talked to me.

"What the hell just happened?" I asked myself. No one has ever talked to me like that. Who is this woman in my brother's house?