9

Rahiem POV

"Did you ask her yet?" Trey asked out loud. Rollins, Trey, Grayson and I were all standing in the kitchen taking shots. It's been a long day, after 5 patients at the office I rode along with Rollins to stop by Visions to Reality. I was kind of excited to see Genesis, however I let my ego get in the way and just stood there scrolling on my phone.

"You see 'Hiem's scary, he ain't ever had to ask for anything. Genesis is out of his league." Grayson laughed, teasing me.

"Just chill, when it happens y'all know. Patience is key, just know that $200 mine. Bro" I was confident that Genesis will take me up on that offer. I couldn't let them know she turned me down already. Little does Genesis know, I don't take no for an answer.

"Y'all still on this? When she finds out, that y'all asses." My brother pointed out, shaking his head. We took another shot, waiting for the ladies to get dressed.

"Where's Grace and Trixie, Gray?" I asked why his wife and daughter weren't here with us.

"They left to go pick up Marie. Her car is in the shop, so Tee said she was going to get Marie." Grayson explained.

One hour later, we were all waiting for Genesis to come downstairs. I don't know why I was so nervous to see her. Then in a blink of an eye, she was walking downstairs in tan sandals wearing a white simple dress. Genesis was wearing her curls out with a part to the side. She looked so gorgeous. I felt my heart thump as she glanced at me with a grin then strolled past me to get to Rebecca and the girls.

Rollins shook his head at me as if he saw what happened. "This is going to end really bad." He patted my shoulders before walking away.

I smacked my teeth at him, knowing that Rollins was right. Changing my mindset, I was the first one out of the home and got in my truck.

———////———

"Hey, can I talk to you for a minute?" This random dude walked up to Genesis. I can tell she knew this guy by her face. She had a look of shock and looked uncomfortable.

Genesis stood up after the dude whispered something in her ear. He followed her and they left the building.

"So y'all saw that right?" Marie questioned.

"Isn't that your client from today, Becca?" Trixie spoke loud enough for only the dinner table to hear. Rebecca turned to the side, pretending to pick something up from the floor. Then shot up instantly,

"Yes, that's her. It's strange that she showed up to the same restaurant and be here at the same time." Rebecca inquired. I agreed with that. Something wasn't right. And I'm not sure why it bothered me about the look she had on her face when she got up from her chair.

"Daddy, is Genesis going to be okay?" Ramona questioned. Anyone from a mile away could see that they have a powerful bond for only knowing each other for a brief time. You could feel how genuine the friendship is.

"Yes if she doesn't show up back in 5 minutes, me and your uncles are going to go see what's going on." Rollins assured his daughter. My brother didn't tell any lies either.

It reached 5 minutes, and we all decided we were going to see if Genesis was straight. Before we could get up she came back in, walking straight up to her chair with a smile.

"Are you okay Genesis?" Ramona asked her before anyone else could.

"Always love bug." Genesis replied with a grin. No other words were spoken.

Once the check was paid, we left for ice cream. I was curious about what took place earlier. I peeped dude come back in with a pout when Rollins was paying the bill.