30

Omniscient POV

Ramona and Grace planned to depart early the following morning after being dropped off at school. Their plan was to order an Uber and hoped that Genesis would not send them away. Even though Ramona was anxious and Grace was scared, they both wanted to see Genesis.

"Be sure to ask your father whether you can stay the night Grace or the plan won't work."

"Okay, I can go ask him now. Can you go with me?" Grace questioned.

"Yeah, let's go." Ramona exclaimed as they both walked out of her room and into the living room where the adults were hanging out.

Rebecca was cooking with Trixie and Marie around her while Rollin, Rahiem, and Grayson was watching a basketball game that was playing. Grace and Ramona approached Grayson to implement their plan. "Daddy! Can I stay the night?"

"I don't know baby girl, it's a school night." Grayson indicated.

"Pleaseeee daddy, we go to the same school. Uncle Rollin can take us both to school tomorrow, please. " Grace begged.

Grayson observed his friend who shook his head. Then he turned to his wife for help. "Babe, I'm okay with her staying tonight, but Grace only this once." Trixie said.

"Okay, mommy! Thank you!" Grace exclaimed, then she and Ramona ran back into the room. The girls jumped up and down, hugging each other, as they were about to embark on an adventure that they didn't think they were ready for.

As they prepared for bed, they also packed their bags for tomorrow. Ramona had a strange feeling, but shook it up to not make Grace nervous either. Then she prayed that everything will go smoothly tomorrow.

——/////——

Meanwhile, Marco became incandescent after discovering what Jeremy had done to Genesis. He had to go pay a visit to let him know who's in charge.

"Are you certain that Jeremy did this? Why was I not informed immediately after this took place?" Marco asked.

"You instructed me to leave her alone, sir. Yesterday, I saw Genesis and her friend, and then I investigated."

Marco's frustration was not overstated as he remained silent as he stared out the window. After Genesis prayed for him, his life started to change. He knew she was connected to God. Since she left the club that morning, he's been wondering if she was okay and if she needed help. He kept his promise by standing aside, but he made a mistake and allowed someone near her to nearly take her life.

"Prepare the car."

"Got it Boss." Dj left Marcos' office to get the car ready.

————

Rider kept looking at Jeremy as he paced the floor. "Dude, will you stay still? I'm getting annoyed with all the treading you're doing."

"My bad, something just doesn't feel right. Did Genesis send the money to the right place?"

"Yes, in fact, I just got it. So can you chill out now?"

Jeremy exhaled and sat down with a deep breath. Once Genesis texted her brother that she sent the money, she blocked him. He didn't get the money right away like he always does from one of his jobs so he was stressing. Jeremy lifted his head and caught his partner looking at him. "What?"

"Look, you know I got your back right? So don't get upset when I say this."

"Just spit it out already."

"You know you were wrong about the things you did to your sister?"

Jeremy paused for a moment as a flashback of him kicking his sister appeared in his mind. "It is what it is. I can't change what happened no matter how I feel about it."

"Bro, you changed. When did we start putting our hands on our own blood? And what, all for money, right? Money we could've got from our next assignment." Rider stated.

"Go to hell Rider. In fact get out!" Jeremy yelled as he pointed to the door. Rider shook his head and left out the door. Once Rider left, Jeremy threw his cup at the wall in anger. He was angry at himself for treating his sister in that manner and was upset that she went behind his back and went to Marco without saying anything.

He became extremely angry while thinking about what happened again and threw another glass cup. Suddenly the door was being pounded on and Jeremy got quiet. Before he thought of opening the door, it burst open. Marco and DJ came in with a bloody Rider.

"I hear you like putting your hands on women." Marco insisted as he put a black glove on his right hand.

——-//////———

THE NEXT MORNING.......

Jackson and Sarah got up early so they could meet their daughter Genesis and Chanel. Sarah's anxiety was compounded by Jackson's desire to confirm if she had been beaten.

As they walked towards the elevator, the husband and wife looked at each other in hopes that some things would be fixed afterwards. They both reached floor 5 and strolled to room 522. As Jackson exhaled, he knocked on the door and waited for it to open.

A few seconds went by until Genesis opened the door and her eyes went wide. "Mom, dad what are you doing here?"

'Oh my baby!' Sarah shrieked as she saw her daughter's face. Jackson immediately got upset about his daughter's appearance and pulled her into a hug.

"I'm sorry for not being there to protect you, baby girl." Jackson expressed his sadness and hugged his daughter for a brief moment. Genesis still in shock at first did not respond to her father's hug, but as the hug continued, she embraced her father and began to cry in his arms.

Jackson and Genesis stood on the doorstep for a moment until they both let go and Jackson wiped the moisture from her eyes.

At the same time....

Ramona's alarm went off and she immediately jumped up. She looked over at Grace, who was still sleeping. "Grace! Grace!" Ramona shouted, but she didn't move. Ramona decided to throw a pillow at her. "Grace! Wake up!"

"Gosh Mona, that hurt." Grace whined. Ramona apologized, then they got up for their big adventure. They were scared, but they knew it was something they had to do. Once breakfast was over, the girls looked at each other as they drove to school in Rollin's backseat. The Uber app was ready for pickup by Ramona once they were dropped off.

"Alright, girls were here. Have a great day, learn something and Grayson will be here to pick y'all up, okay?" Rollins said to Ramona and Grace. They nodded their heads and got out the car. Ramona watched her dad leave before requesting a ride.

"Are you sure about this, Mona?"

"Don't back out now, we're doing this!" Ramona stated as they waited for the car to pull up. As they entered the car, the driver was confused. Fortunately, both of them practiced what to say in case the driver would say something.

"Please hurry, my sister left her school work at home and she needs it or she'll get detention." Grace inquired. The driver replied with an okay then took off towards the hotel Genesis was at.

——-///——

"Get dressed ladies, we want to take you out for breakfast." Jackson stated after being there for a while.

"Okay, do you all want to meet somewhere or are you going to wait here?" Chanel questioned.

"We'll wait, we don't really know the area and our room is on the third floor." Sarah mentioned.