25

Grayson POV

"No, I want to be treated like any other client. Please, take it." Genesis persisted. I took the money and she walked away. I let some time go by before I packed up and left for the day. Then went to pick up Grace and Ramona at school before I stopped by the Carter residence.

I had no idea how to tell them. I'm sure they'll be relieved she's alive, but knowing Rollin and Rahiem, they'll try to get me to say something. I pulled into the elementary school and sat in a line until Grace seen the car. She approached the car with Ramona close by. Observing Ramona's sad face I know she misses Genesis the most. She started to grow distant, luckily I convinced Rollin and Rebecca to put her in school with Grace.

"Dad!" Grace screamed with excitement as she and Ramona was heading towards the car. They both strapped in and my daughter spoke about her day. After explanation she asked if we could listen to music and we went to Rollin's place.

"Okay Gray, you can do this." I chanted as I pulled into the driveway. I wasn't sure why I was dreading telling them this information. I know they would do the same for me if Trixie went missing. Taking another breath, Ramona, Grace and I emerged from the car and went to the front door.

"Daddy, we're here." Ramona shouted on the way in.

"Hey, stop shouting, how was school today?" Rollin interrogated his child with an affectionate embrace. I'm glad to see my bro better mentally, seeing Rollin depressed when Ramona was missing is something I pray never happens to me. The girls ran off into Ramona's room when Rollins came up and gave a man hug.

"Thank you for bringing Ramona home. Her and Grace seems to be getting closer every day. Since Genesis left, Ramona was not herself."

It's all right, Rollin, I don't have a problem with that at all. As for Genesis, I saw her today." I confessed. I watched his expressions deteriorate, did I make a mistake telling him so quickly? Rollin shook his head and took his phone out.

"Rahiem is on the way, then I want to know everything." Rollin stated. Knowing that I couldn't tell them everything I felt contemplated with the information I can share. I went to the bar and spilled Rollin and I a few shots while waiting for his brother to get here.

———//////———

Meanwhile......

Genesis and Chanel were looking at House Party in their hotel when Genesis got a text from Grayson.

You sure you don't want me to tell them about your location?

Genesis stared at her phone letting out a deep breath. "What's wrong Genesis?" Chanel asked, seeing her friend in a different mood.

"Grayson asked me whether I was certain I didn't want the Carters to know where I was. Do I have to call him and give him my response?" Genesis questioned Chanel.

"I mean I don't see why not. You specifically told him not to. Would you like me to speak on your behalf?" Chanel mentioned.

"Sure, let's call him now." Genesis dialed Grayson's number anxiously. What if this was a set up Genesis thought.

——-////——-

Rahiem finally arrived and I didn't know why I was anxious to share details about our friend. Yet I can't say much without Genesis's permission. I sent Genesis a text asking was she sure she didn't want them to know where she was. A few minutes went by and all of a sudden my phone rang. Genesis name blinked on the screen and I had no option but to answer. "Hello?"

"Hello, is that Grayson?" A cheery voice came from the other line that wasn't Genesis's voice. I decided to walk outside and take the call in my car.

"Yes, this is he, Is Genesis with you?" I questioned.

"Yes, I am here Gray." Genesis stated. I slowly breathed out before I responded.

"Genesis did you read my text?"

"Gray, I know you mean well, but please respect my decision with not revealing my location. God does everything for a reason, it should be left in his hands. As my lawyer and friend I'm trusting that you won't give out too many details. I'm fine with you telling them I'm alive, but nothing more. Understood?" Said Genesis with trust.

"I understand Genesis. Be safe, I will call you on Monday when I get information on the case. At the same time, be discreet and try to stay hidden." I hung up my phone and sat in the car for some time. Not wanting to waste any more time, I exited the car and went back to the house where my friends were waiting.

When I got back inside, the three of us went into Rollin's Cave. Spades were set up on the table and we sat down. I knew they wanted the information I had for 'em. We did some rounds before we brought up Genesis.

"Well, are you going to tell us or are you going to keep beating around the bush?" asked Rahiem while Rollin and his brother were watching me.

I shuffled the cards before replying, "Genesis came into my office today. I'm sure she wasn't aware I worked there either. She was stunned when she saw me approach her."

"And you did not think to contact us when you saw her?" Rollins questioned.

"No cap. You know how damn crazy, I've been going thinking about Genesis and you didn't think to tell us right away? " Rahiem yelled.

"Chill! Calm down, she has used the law against me not to say where she is but that she wanted me to tell you that she is safe. Genesis also told me to say that she handled Marco and that we aren't in danger anymore."

"I don't understand why she didn't come to say it herself." Rollins inquired as he laid down his card.

"Why would she have to get a lawyer?" Rahiem questioned.

"Someone went to the police and told them that she knew Marco's location. Now some evidence against Marco is missing and she ran away from the cops." I glared at them responding to their questions. They both shrugged their shoulders knowing that they are the reasons behind the connection. "She is embarrassed to reveal herself because she left without saying goodbye." She knew you guys would go looking for her and said that she will show her face when she is ready."

"Now I feel bad for going to the cops." Rahiem exhaled.

"At least there's no need to worry about Marco anymore. I have to tell Becca and Mona that Genesis is safe and sound. Excuse me fellas." Rollins stated sadly.

I shook my head in agreement, then handed out the cards between Rahiem and I. All of a sudden, we heard Becca yelling, indicating that she knew. At this point, I promised myself I would get justice for Genesis, no matter what. I look at Rahiem who looked depressed, I didn't realize how much he cared for Genesis. It was rough on everybody when Lydia died too.

"Don't worry, Rahiem, I'll win her case and bring her back here." I said confidently. Rahiem didn't say anything. He just shook his head and pulled out his phone. Then he stood up and proceeded away from the table. I felt bad for him and decided that I was going to bring them back together.