5

The smell of bacon woke me up and it smells like home. I also need to call my parents, yesterday reminded me of how my parents must feel.

Walking down the stairs, I watched as Ramona and her parents all were laughing together. Rebecca was tickling Ramona and Rollins was cooking.

"Good morning everyone." I spoke out genuinely.

"Good morning Gen, how did you sleep?" Rebecca was the first to speak.

"I slept wonderful, the bed is really comfortable. Thanks again for allowing me to stay here. How can I repay you guys back?"

"It's all good, you have a place here as long as you want." Rollins stated.

"Oh come on! I have to pay you guys back in some kind of way, it won't feel right to stay here for free."

"Does that mean you're going to stay Gen?" Ramona asked curiously.

I have her a smile, "At least until I can find a job and get back on my feet. That is, if it's okay with you two?"

"Of course its okay! I'm in need of a personal assistant for my photography organization. I've been searching for a while now. Are you interested?" Rebecca asked.

"Yes! Thank you Lord!"

"Awesome it's settled then. You start tomorrow." Rebecca put her cup to her mouth before taking a sip.

The rest of the day went smoothly! The thought of my parents came flying into my mind. I really wanted to call them, I just couldn't take the judgment. I walked into the kitchen with the decision to call my folks. As I picked up the house phone, Rahiem came through the door.

He took the phone out of my hand, putting it back on the hook. "You can call whoever later, right now we need to go get your possessions."

I stood there, with the "who are you talking to face" while Rahiem walked away thinking I was behind him. Just to be funny, I took my time to leave the kitchen and went to tell Ramona bye.

"Can I come with you guys, Gen?" Ramona asked.