12

Genesis POV

I rested in bed, studying the Bible I brought myself. Today is my mom's birthday, the day I've been dreading. However, I knew I had to talk to my parents.

Since we only had one shoot today, Rebecca gave me the day off, stating she could deal with it by herself. I was grateful to her for allowing me to relax today.

Wednesday popped into my mind when I shot Rahiem down. He looked bothered by it, although he agreed with a group date. I'm glad I decided not to court him. It made me nervous to be dating again, and Rahiem isn't ugly either.

"God, guide me by your will! Thank you for everything, you're absolutely amazing! I love you! Amen."
I spoke a brief prayer before getting out the bed.

After taking care of my hygiene, I went downstairs to make lunch. "Good afternoon Ramona!"

"Hey Gen!" Ramona ran to hug me. I returned the hug and searched through the fridge. I made us French toast to snack on till dinner.

"Want to go to the playground?" I asked her while standing over the stove. Her eyes lit up.

"Yesssss!!!! Can we really go to the park?" Ramona questioned excitedly.

"As long as it's okay with your dad. Go ask him." I inquired. Ramona ran out the kitchen for a while as I ate the French toast.

"Daddy said we can go." Ramona rushed over to me. Rollins followed in behind her. Then he sat at the table, picked up some French toast sticks I made.

"You sure it's fine?" I asked him for confirmation.

"Yes, I don't mind. Go pick on your shoes, Mona." Rollins stated before taking another bite,
"Daddy, do you want to come with us?" Ramona questioned.

Rollins looked over at me. "You can join if you want." I offered.

"Sure I'll come." He stopped eating, then stepped away to get his shoes on. Everyone got what they needed to leave the house, and we made our way to the park.

—-///—-

I was pushing Ramona on the swings when I received an uneasy feeling. I observed my area and couldn't spot anyone. It wasn't until I followed Ramona's view that I saw a man in a suit across the road glaring in our direction.

"Is that who did it?" I mumbled. She shook her head. We instantly took off towards Rollins, who steps away to the pavilion. I informed him what happened, and the fellow rushed off as soon as we made it in the car. Rollins drove off after the guy struggling to keep up. We ended up getting stopped by a red light. Luckily, I captured his license plate number.

Rollins drove us home. He was pissed he lost the dude from the park. I also realized that wasn't the last time we would see that man. Now we know that we have to be prepared for his next visit.

"Are you okay, Rollins?" I asked as we all got into the house. Ramona hasn't spoken since she saw that creepy guy.

"I'm straight. I have to call Rebecca." Rollins mentioned before taking off to his home office, leaving us two alone. Once he was out of sight, Ramona broke down sobbing.

"Hey, it's okay, love bug. God will protect you. Do you believe that?" I questioned her. She shook her head, then wept even louder. All I could do was reassure her with a hug.

"Gggeeenn. Iii have tooo tell you something." Ramona tried to talk while weeping.

"What is it, Love bug?" I was concerned. Ramona wiped her face and struggled to calm herself before revealing anything. She grabbed my hand and led me to her room after closing the door behind us. I sat on the bed as I watched her go into her closet. She spun around after a few minutes with something in her hands.