Chapter 2

C h a p t e r  2

K o r e a  U n i v e r s i t yE n g i n e e r i n g  B u i l d i n g

K o r e a U n i v e r s i t y
E n g i n e e r i n g B u i l d i n g

J i s o o

"3" Lisa lets out a final yell and takes a deep breath.

All went into slow motion after Lisa screamed. My heartbeat could be heard roaring in my ears. Everything became a haze, except Lisa, who I can clearly see. She sent me a quick glimpse before closing her eyes. I gripped the hem of my shirt and closed my eyes as her foot dangled from the end of the building. People's cries crash against my skull, and my mind races. My thoughts wandered to the tall girl with the perfectly still bangs on her brow. My memory flashes back to her features and the thoughts of her stubbornness.

Her smile

Her laugh

Her eagerness

Her lips

Her broken stare

Jennie

and Jennie...

I lift my head sharply, my eyes wide open from the thought. I have to put an end to this.

"Lisa!"
_____

K i m J i s o o ' s R e s i d e n c e

"Appa, omma, oppa and unnie." I spoke softly, glancing at everyone. My father and brother seemed nervous about the news I was about to share, and I'm trembling as well. "I-I just want to say that, Lisa is.. M-my girlfried." I let out a shaky sigh and even grinned at them.

"I realized that it would cost me my life if I didn't say yes to her." I smile as I tried to exaggerate those words to my father. Lisa wrapped her arm around my shoulders and grinned at me, her eyes twinkling.

"Jangin" Lisa said, happily, as she stroked my arm. My father's shoulder fell and my mother seems to be excited for some reason.

I looked up at Lisa, who had a triumphant grin on her face, and I was glad that I could help her with Jennie.

I hope you don't end your life when things go wrong.
______

K i m  J i s o o ' s  R e s i d e n c e
T h e  M o r n i n g  A f t e r

"That monkey is now my girlfriend?" I said as I sat up in my bed and shook my head, holding my phone to my ear. "Remind me, please." I take a breather and gather my thoughts that had been trapped in my head. I frowned and chewed my lower lip. "How did I get myself into this?"