Chapter 25

C h a p t e r  2 5

R I G H T  P E R S O N
A T  T H E
W R O N G  T I M E
_____________

3 r d  P O V

Jisoo stuffed her belongings into her bags as her father walked around the room, making her dizzy. She stood there watching him scrape his head and gnaw his nails.

"Dad," Jisoo warned as her father came to a halt in the center of her room, "I'm going to be fine" Jisoo approached her father and gave him a timid grin.

When she noticed his gaze, tears brimmed on the side of his eyes, her grin disappeared. He attempted to smile, but the tremble on his lips revealed his true feelings.

"Jisoo, I-" He choked on his words and just hugs her girl tightly, life is so unfair for his youngest. His favorite child. "I don't wan- want to los--" tears flowed down his cheeks when closed his eyes shut tight and a sob escaped his lips. He held her daughter very dearly.

He can't imagine in six months his daughter...

Jisoo just stood there, pitying her father; it was unfair for her, too, since just as things were starting to seem right, they went completely wrong. It's as though the entire universe is conspiring against her. She carefully detached herself from his father's grip. Jisoo looked at his face, his eyes swollen and red.

"You're so strong my Jisoo," Her father said softly, brushing his fingers over her hair. He never saw her cry whenever a doctor tells her what is happening in her body, even after the doctor said the bad news, she merely sat there worriedly staring at her family.

"I am," Jisoo said with a smile and a chuckle, "6 months is a short time," she began, "I will live my life to the fullest..." she added as she smiled even brighter at her father.

Her father just broke into another cry and hug her so tight, how can my daughter be this strong? How am I supposed to let go?

______________
K o r e a  U n i v e r s i t y

Jisoo slowly walked inside the University, she felt small again seeing the buildings around her. With the cold breeze hitting her face, winter is almost there. She saw a blue tarp above the trees. National Competition-- Before Jisoo could read all of the text, a tall figure blocked her way.

"Why are you here?" Rosé asked with worry laced into her features, "you can't be hopping around here!"

"What are you wearing?" Jisoo ignored the blonde and carefully scanned her clothes, blue and white. She glanced at every student and even see other colors, but mostly blue. "Is there an event?"

Rosé rolled her eyes, "yes, other schools are competing today. But that's not the case, Jisoo!" She placed her hands on Jisoo's shoulders, squeezing them lightly. She felt her best friend's shoulders are cold and she looked pale.

The older one just giggled at her reaction, "6 months I will be dea-"

"Please don't say that!" the blonde exclaimed, her face falling at the idea of her closest friend.

"Let me live my life," Jisoo said as he looked at her. "Please?"

Rosé felt a stab in her heart, she knows letting Jisoo in the hospital is surely taking away her life, but six months is not a life. But I guess that will make you happy. The blonde set aside everything and smiled at her warmly.