Chapter 4

C h a p t e r 4

H a n n a m - d o n gM a n o b a n ' s  R e s i d e n c e

M a n o b a n ' s  R e s i d e n c e

Lisa's home was luxurious and spacious. I knew she was rich, but I had no idea she was this rich rich. I keep my gaze fixed on the surroundings. Everything appears to be pricey, and I am aware that this will cost much more than my life.

Lisa returned with an ice tray as well as a first-aid kit.

I bit my lower lip and diverted my gaze. "You shouldn't have brought me here." I quietly said, "its embarrassing, look at me."

"I couldn't let you go home looking like that," Lisa said, and there goes my heart again skipping a beat at her words. "Jangin might think I'm not taking care of you." I rolled my eyes, she kept calling my father her father in law.

"Here" Lisa extended the comb to my face and I just looked at it, "Its mine.." I still looked at it, "Its clean!" Lisa grew impatient and she combed my hair instead.

I groaned and I snatched the comb from her hands.

"but, seriously.."I carefully brushed my tangled hair and looked everywhere except Lisa. "your parents might see this as something else." I frowned at my wounded hands, knowing that Lisa's parents would be horrified to see us like this.

In my Peripheral view, I saw Lisa froze for a moment, and glanced at me.

"No one lives here with me." When I turned at her, our gazes locked.

When my attention fell on a particular picture on the wall, the inquisitive side of me sprung to life.

"Then who is this?" I headed to the wall where all of their photographs were hung. It was a young woman who resembled Lisa. "This is your sister, right? Where is she?" I bombarded her with questions.

Lisa's focus shifted away from the ice pack she was fixing as I looked behind her.

"She's gone."

My heart just sank hearing those words from Lisa, my mouth went agape. Why am I so insensitive?!

"Lisa, I- I'm sorry.." I said sincerely, "when did she pass away?" I tried to ask her.

My head snap at Lisa's direction when suddenly her laughter echoes the living room. Butterflies errrupting from my stomach, I could get used to that sound.

"She's in Thailand." She shook her head while smiling at me.

I squeezed my eyes shut when the realization hit across my mind. I sighed from relief.

"God! I'm sorry" I chuckled.

"She lives there, actually we all lived there." Lisa said trying to hold back her laughter. "I am a Thai, I'm just an exhange student since middle school, my sister stayed there."