Chapter 11

C h a p t e r  1 1

K i m  J i s o o ' s  R e s i d e n c eF l a s h b a c k

F l a s h b a c k

J i s o o

Blood pounded in my ears, I took deep breaths trying to control everything. "Get out!" I screamed louder.

Lisa flinched, she stood quietly and was unable to utter anything, she looks so confused. "Get omma..." My heart began to thud, "Please..."

Lisa was fast on her feet, she ran out of the bedroom yelling for my parents' attention. Once she faded away, my hands begun to shook, I fell on my knees. The sound of my heart accelerating, though, as my breathing became hyperventilation.

I inhaled sharply, trying to clutch my shirt away from my neck, but my throat continues to tighten,

In
every
shortness
of
breath

My vision was clouded, I need to find my medicines. But every time I stand everything spins like I keep falling from an unending cliff. My hands turned into a ball of fists digging my nails into my palm.

"Jisoo?!" I heard my mother yell, but my vision slowly blurs away, I looked up and saw her kneeling beside me. "Jisoo!" My mother's eyes widening from terror, she looked back at the door, "Call your appa!" My mother wrapped me in her arms soaking her with my clothes, her warm hands cupping my cheeks. Mother's mouth was moving, but I can no longer hear anything but ringing.

Then, everything turns pitch black.

_______________

"Mr. and Mrs. Kim," I heard murmurs, but I cannot open my eyes. It felt heavy. "What happened? Why were her clothes drenched?"

No one dared to speak, the atmosphere felt a little different, but familiar at the same time. The bed in which I'm lying isn't as soft as mine... Where am I?

"Jisoo is not normal from any other people, you should know that." I recognized this voice, it's my doctor. "I already said that having a normal life will never work for her." The doctor sighed.

I heard muffled sobs beside me, then I felt a hand enveloped mine. It's my mother.

"What happened to her? Was Jisoo too happy? Too excited maybe? Or was she deeply in pain?" I felt my mother squeezed my hand. I can't return the affection, my limbs felt dead. "Extreme feelings are not tolerable for her heart."

"I don't know, I don't know." My father's pained voice broke my heart. He's pacing back and forth, footsteps echo the room.

"Mr. and Mrs. Kim, please take my advice by heart." The doctor took her moment, "These monitors and her medicines will not save her anymore if this continues. Her heart is weak."

"She needs to stop whatever did this to her." The doctor finally added.

The silence is too loud. The doctor's words one by one clicked into place in my head like a ghastly puzzle. I was barely conscious, I was aware of the sharp aching in my protesting ribs.

"JISOO!?" I heard a high pitched voice came barging inside.

"Chaeyoung," Mother said, "she's asleep."

I felt a light dip on the bed. A finger slides across my jaw.

"We'll give you two some space. Mr. and Mrs. Kim, we need to talk outside." The doctor said, a few shuffling then the metal door creaking.

"You scared me," A faint voice said beside me, "please don't do that again."

I opened my eyes slowly, a blinding ceiling light invaded my sight. When my eyes adjusted, I saw Chaeyoung sitting beside me sobbing lightly, her head pressed down on the bed.

"I won't, I promise." I replied.

Chaeyoung gasped her head snapped in my direction. Puffy red eyes with circles underneath, a tear escaped her eyes. She tackled me with a bear hug while sobbing, it felt like home.

"I- I'm glad you're okay," I returned the affection, "the moment your sister called me, I knew something was up." Chaeyoung breathed in between words, controlling her sobs.

Chaeyoung lets go of the embrace and gave me a strained smile, "I'm okay now," I reassured her.

A vivid memory flashes in my mind, "Ah!" My eyebrows furrowed from the pain, I gritted my teeth.

"Jisoo! Why?" Chaeyoung voice trembles.

I looked up and saw Chaeyoung's troubled expression.

My eyes searched the room. My glance darted everywhere, but she's not —

"She's not here." Chaeyoung said flatly, "don't look for her." Chaeyoung added.

I inhaled and exhaled deeply, "I'm not." I countered.

"Yeah, right."

My glance went up to Chaeyoung who sat down, "what's with the long face?" I asked.

"Nothing."

"For someone who is bubbly?" I hummed, "that is not nothing." I challenged.

She didn't say anything, she just blankly stared at her shoes. Chaeyoung sat still like a rock and then a nurse came inside without knocking. Making me jump a little.

"Time for meds," The nurse said, then tapped the IV. I nodded and then nurse sedated me. The young nurse smiled at me, then peeked at Rosie and left without saying a word.

"So what is it, before this medicines knock me out." I jokingly said glancing at a quiet Rosie.

She hesitated for a moment, as if she weren't sure how she was going to tell me. Then she sighed and said, "Nothing."

"That stare doesn't look nothing," I said yawning, well the medicines are fast.

"I don't like the way Lisa treats you." She frowned, and then turned to stare at me. Chaeyoung gazed into my eyes without speaking, her eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

I stiffened from surprise, "I- that's—" I can't even make a sentence.

Beyond the shock, there was also pain. Chaeyoung's right.

"I love you too much, just to sit here watch you get hurt..."

Chaeyoungs words hit right through me, I felt my lips tremble. The sound that escaped out of my mouth was very quiet, but Chaeyoung seemed to understand that it was a cry of pain. She wrapped her arms around me.

"I love you, Jisoo."

"I love you, too."

__________________________

I smell second lead syndrome???

Guys thank you so much! Almost 1k viewers! I love all your comments, thank you thank you!